Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Bored, cabin fever? How about........

Bored, cabin fever? How about........

Old Apr 5th 2020, 10:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bored, cabin fever? How about........

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Andrew Lloyd Webber allowing his musicals to be shown free. https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-...B8TBP22kptYyb8 I watched Joseph with Donny Osmond last night. It was a rather strange adaptation. Tim Minchin in Jesus Christ Superstar next week.
I liked that version. The ex and I saw Donny live in Vancouver when he played Joseph.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 3:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

As we go into month 7 - does anyone have any new sites to share?

Old Aug 20th 2020, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
As we go into month 7 - does anyone have any new sites to share?

Sheesh.. month 7. !

https://ocs.ca/

Helps shut your brain off. And I guess Ryan Reynolds says we should do it so why not
Old Aug 20th 2020, 6:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps bad timing but I'm watching the original series of Utopia (no download, watch online)
Old Aug 20th 2020, 7:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps bad timing but I'm watching the original series of Utopia (no download, watch online)
Fantastic series. I downloaded it a couple of years ago from somewhere ready for a second run but I'm still giving priority to newer stuff - or at least unseen stuff - of which there is so much I haven't got around to it.

I see there's a VIP option on that site for things older than 6 months (as well as a download option) but there's plenty there well outside of 6 months that appears to be playable.
Old Aug 21st 2020, 3:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Fantastic series. I downloaded it a couple of years ago from somewhere ready for a second run but I'm still giving priority to newer stuff - or at least unseen stuff - of which there is so much I haven't got around to it.

I see there's a VIP option on that site for things older than 6 months (as well as a download option) but there's plenty there well outside of 6 months that appears to be playable.
Oooooh - can you remember where you might have downloaded it from? That website only allows the 1st 3 episodes to be watched (over 6 months old) without VIP access - and I want to watch the rest of it.. can't really afford the expense of VIP presently, so if there are options out there I'd prefer to do it the cheap way
(edited to add, I found some of the 1st series episodes on dailymotion)

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 21st 2020 at 5:04 am.
Old Aug 21st 2020, 3:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

7 months down unknown amount to go.

We can do it!
Old Aug 21st 2020, 12:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Oooooh - can you remember where you might have downloaded it from? That website only allows the 1st 3 episodes to be watched (over 6 months old) without VIP access - and I want to watch the rest of it.. can't really afford the expense of VIP presently, so if there are options out there I'd prefer to do it the cheap way
(edited to add, I found some of the 1st series episodes on dailymotion)
Dailymotion is good for many things but sometimes it's reversed
I think it was a watchseries site. These links are working.

Season One.
Season Two.

From time to time buffering rears its head and I am really glad I forked out the one time only fee (for ever and ever and ever) for Internet Download Manager - the usual free trial and various options available.
I've no idea how these things work but it just picks up the fact there's a video and up pops a little bar for you to click and download/save it.
You can sit looking at the screen while the buffering circle goes round and round IDM is downloading episodes in 2 or 3 minutes while you're moving on to subsequent episodes.

It's worth every cent.
Old Aug 21st 2020, 3:02 pm
Banned

Dailymotion is good for many things but sometimes it's reversed
I think it was a watchseries site. These links are working.

Season One.
Season Two.

From time to time buffering rears its head and I am really glad I forked out the one time only fee (for ever and ever and ever) for Internet Download Manager - the usual free trial and various options available.
I've no idea how these things work but it just picks up the fact there's a video and up pops a little bar for you to click and download/save it.
You can sit looking at the screen while the buffering circle goes round and round IDM is downloading episodes in 2 or 3 minutes while you're moving on to subsequent episodes.

It's worth every cent.
Thanks for that - appreciated!

The links worked but the watch series site won't let me view without disabling the ad block and is spamming me with adverts and pop ups if I do. I didn't want to download them, just watch them.. Shame..

Old Aug 21st 2020, 4:01 pm
Oscar nominated

The links worked but the watch series site won't let me view without disabling the ad block and is spamming me with adverts and pop ups if I do. I didn't want to download them, just watch them.. Shame..
I have adblock plus and ublock origin (on firefox) and it doesn't ask me to disable either.
Before I included the links I clicked 'play' on a sample couple of episodes and it went right in.

Depending on the server, sometimes something pops up and ublock generally just shuts them before you even see what it was. Sometimes I shut them and click again but most of what I watch for the last few years has been that site.

You could try here as well to see if it's any better. I tested it. It took a bit longer to get going but it seemed okay once it started. I saw a note to disable adblocker but that was only to get a faster streaming speed. Streamplay, vev and vidup worked on those I just tried.

When the buffering is bad, I download half a dozen episodes onto a thumbdrive, watch and delete as I go.

Last edited by BristolUK; Aug 21st 2020 at 4:05 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2020, 5:54 pm
Banned

I have adblock plus and ublock origin (on firefox) and it doesn't ask me to disable either.
Before I included the links I clicked 'play' on a sample couple of episodes and it went right in.

Depending on the server, sometimes something pops up and ublock generally just shuts them before you even see what it was. Sometimes I shut them and click again but most of what I watch for the last few years has been that site.

You could try here as well to see if it's any better. I tested it. It took a bit longer to get going but it seemed okay once it started. I saw a note to disable adblocker but that was only to get a faster streaming speed. Streamplay, vev and vidup worked on those I just tried.

When the buffering is bad, I download half a dozen episodes onto a thumbdrive, watch and delete as I go.
With watchseries it is a nightmare (I've just tried again). I have Adblock Plus with Firefox and had a miriad of 'pop unders' / 'pop ups' and new tabs opening up- for gambling sites, gaming sites, adult sites - update notifications... even new windows opening up - I just had to shut down firefox completely using task manager because some of the 'updates' 'adverts' had locked the browser, couldn't be closed - basically trying to install malware. I'll look at the other site later, thanks
Old Aug 21st 2020, 7:44 pm
Oscar nominated

With watchseries it is a nightmare (I've just tried again). I have Adblock Plus with Firefox and had a miriad of 'pop unders' / 'pop ups' and new tabs opening up- for gambling sites, gaming sites, adult sites - update notifications... even new windows opening up - I just had to shut down firefox completely using task manager because some of the 'updates' 'adverts' had locked the browser, couldn't be closed - basically trying to install malware. I'll look at the other site later, thanks
How weird. I remember Steerpike had a lot of that too, although I have an idea that was a previous incarnation; I notice this one has WWW6 at the beginning.

I do get all that stuff from a different site but I put up with it as it gives me access to a lot of scandi/nordic and other European stuff that I can't find elsewhere and that's where the download option comes into its own for me because it doesn't happen when I want to watch.

You said something recently about hating W10. Does that mean you're loyal to W7?
Old Aug 21st 2020, 8:38 pm
Banned

How weird. I remember Steerpike had a lot of that too, although I have an idea that was a previous incarnation; I notice this one has WWW6 at the beginning.

I do get all that stuff from a different site but I put up with it as it gives me access to a lot of scandi/nordic and other European stuff that I can't find elsewhere and that's where the download option comes into its own for me because it doesn't happen when I want to watch.

You said something recently about hating W10. Does that mean you're loyal to W7?
I have to have a W10 for work - so have a stand alone business desktop all in one (which I couldn't afford to buy but had to have W10 for working purposes)- my personal laptop is a W7 - much prefer it!
Old Sep 8th 2020, 7:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I am having an incredibly hard time beating the boredom, I have been reading a lot on boredom though and why it occurs so its making more sense as to why I am bored all the time....reading about boredom to try and not be bored,
Old Sep 8th 2020, 8:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am having an incredibly hard time beating the boredom, I have been reading a lot on boredom though and why it occurs so its making more sense as to why I am bored all the time....reading about boredom to try and not be bored,
Genuine question: how are you bored? I don't mean that in the way it comes across, I'm really interested as to how anybody can be bored these days, even my teenage kids have never once uttered the 'I'm bored' thing. I've just had 6 months of enforced shutdown and still have about a million things I'd love to do if I had the time, I can't imagine ever being bored! There's always a ton of books I'd like to read if I had the time, recipes to cook, places to explore, things to learn, boxsets to watch. I'd love to learn another language or do a degree if I had the time (one day). I've lived here 9 years and there are still places I've never been to in the area, would love the time to take the dogs and walk to them rather than just doing our quick usual loop because I don't have time for more.

This year has taught me one thing: that I don't need to fear retirement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.