Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Boozing and Schmoozing @ The Scotland Yard (Friday May 8th)

Boozing and Schmoozing @ The Scotland Yard (Friday May 8th)

Old May 8th 2015, 11:09 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boozing and Schmoozing @ The Scotland Yard (Friday May 8th)

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
Sorry - I won't make it after all. Waiting to get the train at Whitby GO when they announced suspension of services into TO for 3 hours due to a fatality on the tracks. Looking at CP24, seems there's the possibility it's linked to an earlier death today. See you next time I hope!
Yes we were discussing that you probably were going to bail because of it! Hopefully see you at the late June one!
Old May 8th 2015, 11:13 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously I'm conspicuous by my absence. Apologies about that.
Old May 8th 2015, 11:17 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
Obviously I'm conspicuous by my absence. Apologies about that.
We are throwing around reasons as to why you aren't here! A date that went exceptionally well? Too much drinking before the event? Decided you don't like us?
Old May 8th 2015, 11:57 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
We are throwing around reasons as to why you aren't here! A date that went exceptionally well? Too much drinking before the event? Decided you don't like us?
Throw away! Certainly nothing to do with disliking any of you.
All I can say is that she said "get your coat love, you've pulled!"
Old May 9th 2015, 3:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just arrived home. Thanks everyone for a great night. It was great to see everyone again. Novo...you were missed. James I really shouldn't have poured the whisky you bought into my Grand Mariner...it froze my tongue so I had difficultly speaking. You're banned.

Until the next time...cheers.
Old May 9th 2015, 4:34 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just arrived home. Thanks everyone for a great night. It was great to see everyone again. Novo...you were missed. James I really shouldn't have poured the whisky you bought into my Grand Mariner...it froze my tongue so I had difficultly speaking. You're banned.

Until the next time...cheers.
We just got back as well after successfully delivering HG and Oak back to their doors! Excellent evening overall!
Old May 9th 2015, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Safely arrived at my Toronto couch Thanks all for a good evening. And to whoever shouted the whiskey!

Thanks too to the gentleman who walked me to the tramline intersection
Old May 9th 2015, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Great evening, as always. Thanks for being the DD Schnooks, and to James for the whisky shot. Managed to get up at 7 for roller hockey game, see you all at the next one.
Old May 9th 2015, 8:04 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Good show everybody. Really lively last night!

I made it across town just in time to witness my Australian friend get cut off at the bar. If you are leaving Canada that is how you go.

It was good as I was absolutely sozzled after 7 pints of Mill Street and the whisky shot at the Yard.

Nursed a pint of Sapparo down then stumbled home.
Old May 11th 2015, 1:13 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Thanks too to the gentleman who walked me to the tramline intersection
No problem at all.

Originally Posted by JamesM

Nursed a pint of Sapparo down then stumbled home.
After a reasonable streetcar & bus ride home (worst wait was 10m at the border) I decided to pop into the local for a nightcap. And left there at...er..... 3am though I think the bar had been technically closed for a while.

Thanks James for the Jamesons

Thanks everyone for the entertainment and (for most of you) being able to say Aluminium properly and for Oakvillain for the history on why americans say it wrong.

And finally, just to note that bacon on a black-bean veggie burger is a made-for-each-other combination.

Cheers!