A bit speechless!

Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:53 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default A bit speechless!

Well I've just been and had me hair done Looks lovely it do. BUT my English hairdresser who has lived in Alberta for 20 odd years is upping sticks and returning to the UK. I must admit I was a little shocked and I completely understand why he is returning. I'm so lucky I got to see him so I could say goodbye - his last day at work is Saturday! Maybe it's only the ladies who will understand but I feel as though I'm losing a good friend.

The more I hear and read about peoples reasons for returning and the longer I am here, the more I understand why they want to go back. This winter has been brutal temperature wise and for those that don't relish the thought of snow for 6 months It's gonna be hard and the final nail, if the winter has been a hard one.

So Mr Hairdresser, if you see this thread - I wish you all the best back in the UK. (I know you've been reading the MBTUK forum).
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A bit speechless!

Wow - after 20 years here? And the main reason, that you know of ?

PS - starting all over again and finding a new person is just brutal
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

If my hairdressers just beggered off without a by-your-leave I'd be gobsmacked

that's why I use an an electric razor with a guard on it!

Looks dead nice!

Seriously though:

Are there that many prospects for hairdressers back in England?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Are there that many prospects for hairdressers back in England?
Audrey's on the corner near Rosamund Street always seems to have an opening for a new hairdresser whenever a new character arrives...ditto for mechanics and knicker stitchers.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:29 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Well I've just been and had me hair done Looks lovely it do. BUT my English hairdresser who has lived in Alberta for 20 odd years is upping sticks and returning to the UK. I must admit I was a little shocked and I completely understand why he is returning. I'm so lucky I got to see him so I could say goodbye - his last day at work is Saturday! Maybe it's only the ladies who will understand but I feel as though I'm losing a good friend.

The more I hear and read about peoples reasons for returning and the longer I am here, the more I understand why they want to go back. This winter has been brutal temperature wise and for those that don't relish the thought of snow for 6 months It's gonna be hard and the final nail, if the winter has been a hard one.

So Mr Hairdresser, if you see this thread - I wish you all the best back in the UK. (I know you've been reading the MBTUK forum).

I feel your pain Piff Poff

I went to the same hairdresser for 12 years in the UK when she decided to emigrate.

She wrote me a lovely letter, which I still have. It made me cry but I was happy for her.

I grew up with her doing my hair so it was sad.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:30 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000

I grew up with her doing my hair so it was sad.
You're lucky she left then.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:32 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

This is definitely a girl thing

I have had the same hairdresser for 12 years and am quite scared about finding a new one in Canada
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:46 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
This is definitely a girl thing

I have had the same hairdresser for 12 years and am quite scared about finding a new one in Canada
I have a great hairdresser here in Edmonton and I'm looking forward to going back in a few weeks time.

As I have a colour put on I can be in there for 2 1/2 hours so I need to be with someone I can have a gossip to, she fits the bill.

So Nikki and Piff Poff there is hope for you both.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:17 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Well, he has given me the name of the lady that does his hair, so I will be trying her out - fingers crossed

Basically he's not had a happy time at work lately, his parents are not in the best of health and this winter was the final nail so to speak - it's been so brutally cold, he already hates the winter and Christmas was his worse time of year and his daughter wants to study in London. So he's off home.

My daughter was gutted too. She said 'how can he do this to us!' So at the tender age of 14 she already knows the value of a good hairdresser.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:06 am

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

Crikey that is a long time to be away from the UK and decide to move. Hope the move goes well for him.

I'm doing the hairdressing thing in reverse, I'm besides myself that I can't take mine with me, it is my only real "treat" and I spend a fortune every couple of months but she does a fabulous job so I feel it is worth it.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:50 am
I'm a Viking!

LucyLocket10 will become famous soon enoughLucyLocket10 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Piff Poff

Does he know what he's coming back to?! After reading all the reasons why, I'd still be inclined to stay put rather than come back the hole that the UK is at the moment!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyLocket10
Does he know what he's coming back to?! After reading all the reasons why, I'd still be inclined to stay put rather than come back the hole that the UK is at the moment!
I don't mean to be rude but just because the part of the UK that you live in is a "hole" it doesn't mean that the whole place is like that
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:39 am
I'm a Viking!

LucyLocket10 will become famous soon enoughLucyLocket10 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I don't mean to be rude but just because the part of the UK that you live in is a "hole" it doesn't mean that the whole place is like that
No, maybe not, but family and friends all over the UK assure me where they live isn't a bed of roses at the moment
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:35 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be gutted if my tonsorial engineer pushed off back home. He knows just what I want and does me in about five minutes. Not that he's likely to go home. He's from Iraq.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:38 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I'd be gutted if my tonsorial engineer pushed off back home. He knows just what I want and does me in about five minutes. Not that he's likely to go home. He's from Iraq.
So more of a polish than a cut then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.