Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

A bit of Mendelssohn in Oakville and Toronto

A bit of Mendelssohn in Oakville and Toronto

Old May 7th 2016, 2:44 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default A bit of Mendelssohn in Oakville and Toronto

I've been meaning to post this here for a while, and I know it's somewhat short notice now, but if anyone is at a loose end in Oakville tomorrow evening (Saturday May 7th) or Toronto on Sunday afternoon (May 8th) and fancies listening to Felix Mendelssohn's fabulous oratorio Elijah, I'm taking part in a couple of performances this weekend. My choir, Masterworks of Oakville, is joining forces with Univox of Toronto, marshalling forces of around 130 singers and a 50-piece orchestra, and a quartet of superb local soloists.

Oakville on Saturday: St Matthew's Church, on Nottinghill Gate at Monk's Passage (which street name still makes me titter), 8.00pm, tickets available on the door or online at Online Tickets |

Toronto on Sunday: Metropolitan United Church, at Queen & Church streets, 4.00pm, tickets available through Univox here Concert Tickets | Univox Choir

I'm just back from a dress rehearsal, and though I say so myself, I think we sound bloody brilliant.

[to the mods: I hope this post is seen as an encouragement to support the arts and community cultural groups at best, and shameless self-promotion at worst - rather than as a blatant breach of the 'no advertising' rule. Please remove if it's inappropriate...]
Old May 7th 2016, 11:18 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A bit of Mendelssohn in Oakville and Toronto

My mum would have been interested. Not sure she'd have come all the way from England though.