Bill C-51

Old May 11th 2015, 9:37 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bill C-51

DuckDuckGo doesn't track you like Google but it isn't as good a search engine.
Old May 11th 2015, 10:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Ottawa threatening hate charges against those who boycott Israel - Politics - CBC News

I didn't want to start a thread and its sorta related.

Had no idea a boycott could be considered hate speech.
Old May 11th 2015, 10:47 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I do wonder how the heck my iPad knows what I've got up to sometimes. We went for a boat test on Saturday... And all of a sudden, I have boat insurance cookies. I swear that I haven't been looking, that's "his" job. If he looks at it on his iPad on our internet, would it make it appear on mine? They're not linked.
Getting all geeky for a moment, the setup is that the router has one IP address, and the clients, ie; your computer, iPad, whatever, will be getting a dynamically assigned address from the router.

I am fairly sure it'll be the router's IP that browsers and such would see, rather than the individual IP on the devices themselves, and as such, ads would possibly be served up by the IP address.
Old May 11th 2015, 11:01 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
[url=http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ottawa-threatening-hate-charges-against-those-who-boycott-israel-1.3067497]Ottawa threatening hate charges against those who boycott Israel - Politics - CBC News[/urlHad no idea a boycott could be considered hate speech.
Last summer when the UN was pleading with Israel to stop it's bombing campaign of Gaza because the vast majority of victims were civillians Harper made a point of reaffirming his steadfast support of Israel. Israel's defiance of UN resolutions against the illegal building of settlements on confiscated Palestinian land alone is a good reason for a boycott of Israel. The Harper Government felt slighted because we didn't get our seat on the UN Security Council renewed; Canada doesn't even deserve a seat in the General Assembly while this maniac is in office and only following the guidelines which suit his agenda.
just my humble opinion
The next things we can kiss goodbye are protection for whistle blowers and the freedom of information act.

Last edited by caretaker; May 11th 2015 at 12:43 pm. Reason: added venom
Old May 11th 2015, 1:27 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I put a piece of black electric tape over my webcam, I never use it, and while I doubt anyone is interested in my computer, never know, so if its not being used, why not cover it.
But what happens when that little pin inside is activated and puts a hole in the tape? You'll believe you can't be seen while your every movement is scrutinised.

Why not just engage in your illegal activities behind it?
Old May 13th 2015, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
Getting all geeky for a moment, the setup is that the router has one IP address, and the clients, ie; your computer, iPad, whatever, will be getting a dynamically assigned address from the router.

I am fairly sure it'll be the router's IP that browsers and such would see, rather than the individual IP on the devices themselves, and as such, ads would possibly be served up by the IP address.
Yeah this. Tirytory, its because you and hubby are using the same internet connection, so its ads based on what you both do.

Ottawa threatening hate charges against those who boycott Israel - Politics - CBC News

I didn't want to start a thread and its sorta related.

Had no idea a boycott could be considered hate speech.
Ugh yes. I heard of this. I hope it doesn't get past the supreme court... I agree, I don't see how boycotting specifically the state of Israel can be considered hate speech, but its okay to boycott Russia or Guatemala or Argentina? I personally don't support the State of Israel and if I could avoid buying something from them and bought it from someone else instead, I would. If I went as an organisation and said that publicly, how/why is that even an issue?

Originally Posted by caretaker
Last summer when the UN was pleading with Israel to stop it's bombing campaign of Gaza because the vast majority of victims were civillians Harper made a point of reaffirming his steadfast support of Israel. Israel's defiance of UN resolutions against the illegal building of settlements on confiscated Palestinian land alone is a good reason for a boycott of Israel. The Harper Government felt slighted because we didn't get our seat on the UN Security Council renewed; Canada doesn't even deserve a seat in the General Assembly while this maniac is in office and only following the guidelines which suit his agenda.
just my humble opinion
The next things we can kiss goodbye are protection for whistle blowers and the freedom of information act.
Yup. +1. Unfortunately thats the way its going.
Old May 13th 2015, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Yeah this. Tirytory, its because you and hubby are using the same internet connection, so its ads based on what you both do.

Ugh yes. I heard of this. I hope it doesn't get past the supreme court... I agree, I don't see how boycotting specifically the state of Israel can be considered hate speech, but its okay to boycott Russia or Guatemala or Argentina? I personally don't support the State of Israel and if I could avoid buying something from them and bought it from someone else instead, I would. If I went as an organisation and said that publicly, how/why is that even an issue?

Yup. +1. Unfortunately thats the way its going.

Seems to stay safe it's best not to voice opinions in Canada.
Old May 13th 2015, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. As an individual you would be fine, but as a corporation/organisation you're best to just keep shut. Kind of ironic for a country that is supposed to have a secular, unbiased government and people and corporations are supposed to be able to have their own opinions.

America has its faults, and isn't quite the best recently for privacy (spying on the European Commission, anyone?) but at least there is no "hate speech" down there as they are protected by the 1st amendment.

Last edited by Gozit; May 13th 2015 at 3:45 pm. Reason: 1st amendment
Old May 13th 2015, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

More rubbish from you.
Old May 13th 2015, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Gozit
Yep. As an individual you would be fine, but as a corporation/organisation you're best to just keep shut. Kind of ironic for a country that is supposed to have a secular, unbiased government and people and corporations are supposed to be able to have their own opinions.

America has its faults, and isn't quite the best recently for privacy (spying on the European Commission, anyone?) but at least there is no "hate speech" down there as they are protected by the 2nd amendment.
1st amendment.
Old May 13th 2015, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

1st amendment.
I tried.
Old May 22nd 2015, 12:20 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

You can sign a petition to the senate asking them not to approve it.https://stopc51.ca

Last edited by caretaker; May 22nd 2015 at 12:26 pm.
Old May 22nd 2015, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You can sign a petition to the senate asking them not to approve it.https://stopc51.ca

Just signed it.

Careful though it is run by a site called OpenMedia which is a good site for this stuff and does good work, but make sure you don't "subscribe" to their emails, or use a throwaway account because then they email you just about every day wanting you to donate. I just finished weeding all their stuff out of my inbox for that reason.
Old May 22nd 2015, 4:34 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I got 1 email and unsubscribed, no more came.
Old May 23rd 2015, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

JuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond repute

DuckDuckGo doesn't track you like Google but it isn't as good a search engine.
Yes.

And VPN providers like HideMyAss keep logs so better to go with ones which don't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.