Bike mad people?

Old Aug 20th 2017, 7:36 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bike mad people?

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am braving the city on 2 wheels now, granted I don't think it goes above 40 km/h...

It's just an old scooter, cheap to run, was cheap to obtain (free) and does the job I need done which is cheaply getting me to/from work.
Well done you. Stay safe
Old Aug 21st 2017, 12:02 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian super bike racing was a hoot, these guys are proper fast
Attached Thumbnails Bike mad people?-img_0988.jpg  
Old Aug 21st 2017, 1:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Well done you. Stay safe
So far so good. Took me a couple rides to get the hang of it all, but it was pretty easy overall. It's a 2005 Scarabeo 50 2 stroke. I can't believe it's only $30/month for insurance, just got liability, but that is a $130 savings right there just on insurance.

I have spoken to a few local scooter riders who ride year round, and most winters they say there is little issue, last winter was an exception, but there are year round riders so I am going to give it a go.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 7:51 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I Googled that ped Smiffy and was surprised to see it's made by Aprillia !!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 3:57 am

The 50 Greatest Motorcycles of All Time | Complex

So what is the single most greatest motorcycle of all time ?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes indeed. Not that I know anything about Aprillia...lol

I am getting the hang of riding it. My usual route I found the road has too many grooves from semi's and I was having trouble riding on it, but the alternate route is A-Okay.

It's pretty fun to ride, tops out at 50km/h going up a hill and 70km/h on a flat straight road.

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I Googled that ped Smiffy and was surprised to see it's made by Aprillia !!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:44 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Very odd list.

If I could pick 2 motorcycles to keep in my living room and simply look at, they would a Brough Superior SS100 and a Ducati 916SPS.

In real life I am wavering over a new Thruxton 1200R.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 4:12 pm

Two benchmark bikes for me

1. Honda's CB750 SOHC a game changing bike

and

2. Yamahas R1, this bike set the benchmark for all that follow.

I love the retro 80's bikes personally and believe they had the most character of all bike as they were all pushing boundaries back then but the above two took it a step further IMO
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 11:59 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

This one...especially with me on it!
Attached Thumbnails Bike mad people?-img_3774.jpg   Bike mad people?-img_3776.jpg  
Old Aug 27th 2017, 12:46 am

However much fun was that? Short ride with OH on his birthday (100kms round trip). Can't wait for the next ride <3
Old Aug 27th 2017, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
However much fun was that? Short ride with OH on his birthday (100kms round trip). Can't wait for the next ride <3

100 is a nice distance, we try to plan 100-120 on a weekend ride out. Great to hear you eventually riding again and not left waiting outside of a garage/shop
Old Aug 27th 2017, 1:33 am

100 is a nice distance, we try to plan 100-120 on a weekend ride out. Great to hear you eventually riding again and not left waiting outside of a garage/shop
Poor little 350 is still in the shop awaiting a caliper and some NOS grips, That 500 though She's a quick one. OH asked if I wanted to go in front, I said no I might go silly, took of from the lights, left him standing and then thought I'd best let him go back in front again lol
Old Aug 27th 2017, 11:00 pm

Thought it was about time to share a photo of OH's Royal Enfield
Attached Thumbnails Bike mad people?-21199548_903373363146108_402081175643647243_o.jpg  
Old Aug 28th 2017, 8:53 pm

Looks almost retro period copy correct then I see an electronic start and front disc. Modern mixed with old. Looks very nice :@)

Last edited by magnumpi; Aug 28th 2017 at 10:06 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 10:48 pm

Looks almost retro period copy correct then I see an electronic start and front disc. Modern mixed with old. Looks very nice :@)
Yep, they have been made at the same factory in India since 1950, so all the cool old styling with modern technology. It's a nice machine and will replace the Harley with little effort

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.