Bike mad people?

Old Jul 23rd 2017, 9:48 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bike mad people?

So I just bid on a 1985, 750GPZ last run 2015. Offers, I said, 500$, owners said sure !! Oh crikey what do I do now. Lol. These are the bikes I made a living in in the 90's, I would love one now just to look at.

What should I do, and how do u explain this to the wife ?
Old Jul 25th 2017, 8:49 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking from a wifes point of view - a much taken advantage of my good nature type of wife - in other words a soft touch, a wife that has a husband that cannot help himself with cars, so much so that the Bylaw Officer has been out and has set a restriction....

You just need to put all the love you have in your eyes and say something like, I have a dilemma a made a stupid offer on a bike and I didn't think he'd accept it and he has and I think I should just go through with it, what do you think?

This is how we ended up with a mid '70's Lincoln continental a month a go, not sure how he got round me with the Range Rover last week, I think he murmured it as I was falling asleep so I took as read when I woke up lol
Old Jul 28th 2017, 3:47 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say it's as much fun now as it was back then, I'm on cloud 9 � ����
Old Aug 1st 2017, 2:26 am

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
We did a 100 k round trip out to Port Perry a small lake side town, parked the Suzuki Blvd and did a patio bar. My arm still aching from waving at other bikers lol. Really enjoyed the ride for sure

Was just wondering what the shop did regarding Elsie ? Was it fuel side ?
Old Aug 1st 2017, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by magnumpi
We did a 100 k round trip out to Port Perry a small lake side town, parked the Suzuki Blvd and did a patio bar. My arm still aching from waving at other bikers lol. Really enjoyed the ride for sure

Was just wondering what the shop did regarding Elsie ? Was it fuel side ?
Bled the brakes, still need to do something with them as they are still soft, topped up coolant, free'd off a float thingy. Still seems to be revving high when I'm pulling the clutch in but my memory may be playing tricks. I've had 4 offers on her in one night
Old Aug 1st 2017, 12:28 pm

Bled the brakes, still need to do something with them as they are still soft, topped up coolant, free'd off a float thingy. Still seems to be revving high when I'm pulling the clutch in but my memory may be playing tricks. I've had 4 offers on her in one night
Old brake pipes will expand when put under pressure. Only way to get better brakes is to use steel braded hose or new OEM pipes

Sound like float not seating in carb which will mess with the idle.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 6:24 pm

Old brake pipes will expand when put under pressure. Only way to get better brakes is to use steel braded hose or new OEM pipes

Sound like float not seating in carb which will mess with the idle.
They are new pipes as far as we understand as the bike was completely rebuilt, but I think we will switch them out any how, I think it's a float problem sticking where it shouldn't be as it was fab coming home from the shop but idling high next ride out, obvioulsy the shop can only fix a problem that's apparent, she may have to go back in, was hoping for a rid today but it's raining, so shall pass, don't feel like raindrops falling down my neck lol
Old Aug 6th 2017, 5:11 pm

No explanation required lol
Attached Thumbnails Bike mad people?-img_0797.jpg  
Old Aug 9th 2017, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

I've just got back from a trip to Romania.
The route we took went through France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania and Hungary.
It was an awesome trip, squeezed into two weeks due to work. Lots of miles and a mega sore arse and legs. Some unexpected off road in Romania; I ride a VFR800 VTEC and my mate has a Z1000... awesome off road bikes
I'll post some pictures/videos when I get chance to sort through everything.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
I've just got back from a trip to Romania.
The route we took went through France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania and Hungary.
It was an awesome trip, squeezed into two weeks due to work. Lots of miles and a mega sore arse and legs. Some unexpected off road in Romania; I ride a VFR800 VTEC and my mate has a Z1000... awesome off road bikes
I'll post some pictures/videos when I get chance to sort through everything.
Sounds exiting, we did south of France on a CX500, and a tent quite a few years ago. It's amazing how the sore arse situation gets better as the miles mount up.

Looking fwd to seeing some pics :@)
Old Aug 11th 2017, 4:06 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Can you wheelie it?
Old Aug 11th 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Danny B
Can you wheelie it?
It's a power valve they wheelie at 6,000. Whether you want to or not lol
Old Aug 11th 2017, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Danny B
Can you wheelie it?
It's a power valve they wheelie at 6,000. Whether you want to or not lol
I'm a chicken shit though
Old Aug 12th 2017, 1:32 pm

Today :@)

Bikes on Bond, Bikes take over the streets in downtown Oshawa, will be the first time I visit this event with my own bike
Attached Thumbnails Bike mad people?-img_0844.png  
Old Aug 12th 2017, 9:23 pm

Bikes on Bond busier than last year, I guess over 250 bikes lined up down town Oshawa :@)
Attached Thumbnails Bike mad people?-img_0848.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.