Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Big power bank on plane

Big power bank on plane

Old Oct 31st 2019, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big power bank on plane

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
This was my partners tactic as well, he still got told off. In his defense though, he actually didn't realize he wasn't supposed to using it. Now he sticks to the rules and only uses it whilst in the airport. I would personally not use it if those are the rules, I guess they are there for a reason. On the off chance it blows up I wouldn't want to be sat near it!
I didn't know either, i've had small power banks for years before they became popular, i suspect these rules have only been put in place now that everyone has them. Probably just going to play ignorant if I do get asked. Not sure how they would have noticed if the powerbank was in his bag or whatever.

I do find though the flight attendants are now alot more "technology aware" ... e.g. I was on a flight recently and they asked everyone to put all mobiles and headsets away and out of sight until the plane had taken off, which i've never been asked before. Also have seen flight attendants creeping over peoples shoulders before takeoff to ensure flight mode has been switched on, whereas before all that was just something they requested people do but didn't actually follow up on or check.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 2:56 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big power bank on plane

Originally Posted by Gozit
Not sure how they would have noticed if the powerbank was in his bag or whatever.
They saw a cable running from his laptop and into his bag. As you say, flight attendants are pretty on to it with technology and I suspect they are looking out for people doing certain things. Using a power bank is likely one of those things.