Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Best City in the World

Best City in the World

Old Feb 25th 2011, 1:08 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best City in the World

Originally Posted by ducktastic
My view is categorically no! I consider the North Shore so lovely I am moving there next weekend! And I have spent many a happy Sat afternoon (and gruelling Sat morning during bootcamp) in Pacific Spirit as it is up the road from where I am!
We love Kits as you know, but the Cheltenham bird in me craves space and a driveway!! we are moving to Deep Cove, so I totally get the North Shore and it has become our haunt.
This discussion has got bizarre in a lot of places and I have struggled to follow. We love Vancouver, I can see it for its good and not so good, I miss the beauty of the Cotswolds, but every night when I drive home from work up McDonald and I come over the brow of the hill near 33rd the view takes my breath away.

Oh and I just got back from Rogers...and the Canucks won tonight..more beer anyone?
I know a few people who went to high school there and said it was rampant with drugs because there's bugger all to do. Also, it gets very crowded in the summer. Although as a visitor its very beautiful as is the rest of Indian Arm.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 1:41 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
You ol' goalpost mover, you! Way back Vancouver was a verdant paradise, now it has parks in the suburbs. Still, I'm sure it's lovely in a soggy, slightly sterile kind of a way.
where did i move the posts? Seems they were always where i left them. I even struggle to call the north shore the burbs.....which i suppose technically they are.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 1:52 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

i have to stop posting so me account can be shut....

best wishes all ....peace
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
where did i move the posts?
Since you ask.

Early post, unconcerned with green space:

Post 33 "was trying to make a point about llivability not debate green spaces"

Later post, about green space:

Post 128 "All the green space and outdoors and only 2 million peeps.

Shifting population count suggests a bigger gang warfare problem than so far admitted or moving the geographical boundaries:

Post 211 "a mere 800,000 souls"

You're out:

Post 139 "my account is now closed....."

You're in:

Post 211 "Ah google ... "

Early posts, about Vancouver, no mention of including the Sunshine Coast.

Post 26 "On the world stage Vancouver has done nothing "

"Vancouver falls off the mark in some areas, it sure is livable"

Later post:

Post 211 "And of course greater Vancouver applies"

Last edited by dbd33; Feb 25th 2011 at 2:10 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:17 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Brockton Point in Stanley Park was apparently visited by Don Bradman in 1932, who called it the most beautiful cricket ground in the world and then Geoffrey Boycott, who is a notoriously miserable bastard, visited in 1964 and agreed with Bradman's view. That's Don ****ing Bradman saying that! Enough said, I think.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:24 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Brockton Point in Stanley Park was apparently visited by Don Bradman in 1932, who called it the most beautiful cricket ground in the world and then Geoffrey Boycott, who is a notoriously miserable bastard, visited in 1964 and agreed with Bradman's view. That's Don ****ing Bradman saying that! Enough said, I think.
A nice big pavillion I would hope. Somewhere everyone can shelter from the rain.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Flogger
A nice big pavillion I would hope. Somewhere everyone can shelter from the rain.
Cricket's crap these days but if you bring a picnic its a most pleasant afternoon. Plus, you can get really nice ice cream just around the corner from the ground.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:38 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Cricket's crap these days but if you bring a picnic its a most pleasant afternoon. Plus, you can get really nice ice cream just around the corner from the ground.
We used to play a friendly against this new forest team every year. An icecream van would pull up just it time for the second innings. Many a time did I missfield in the deep due to having to protect my cone. Dropped me flake once
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

We used to play a friendly against this new forest team every year. An icecream van would pull up just it time for the second innings. Many a time did I missfield in the deep due to having to protect my cone. Dropped me flake once
Ah, Flake. The Best City in the World should have proper Flakes and proper 99s.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:44 pm

I played for my uni team in the States and they always seemed to have pizza instead of sandwiches. It was most weird batting with a belly full of pizza and then they (university athletic department) took our mini-bus away after 9/11 on account of us having too many brown people on our team.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:45 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

And proper mountains?
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:52 pm
no I aint

I played for my uni team in the States and they always seemed to have pizza instead of sandwiches. It was most weird batting with a belly full of pizza and then they (university athletic department) took our mini-bus away after 9/11 on account of us having too many brown people on our team.
Cricket teas should be judged on the quality of the Victoria sandwich.
If the oppening bowlers can still run in and bowl at their normal pace at the start of the second inning, then the tea ladies have failed.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:54 pm

You have to improvise when you move to some else's country. You can buy Flakes in the shops here, just get a few until you're ready for an ice cream.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:58 pm
no I aint

Choice too. When I used to visit my nan in Battersea, the Walls and the Rossi ice cream vans used to come down the road within half hour of each other.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
OMG I came back on this morning and can't believe the London vs Vancouver green space arguement is still in full swing!
Has anyone read The Butter Battle Book by Dr Seuss?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.