Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Best City in the World

Best City in the World

Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:20 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best City in the World

Originally Posted by dbd33
Yes, Vancouver's surrounded by the great outdoors. I expect that's very nice. The same can be said for Bradford.
See, you can't conceed anything. It always amounts to the same with you. off the cuff comments that have no relevance that you seem to believe make you somehow cut

so you are conceeding then that there is better access here then? All i can say......22000 posts......happen you should be out there. Anyhow me eggs have boiled and must go and fight crime.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
dbd33, will you please just do the christian thing and say "Yes, Vancouver is quite clearly the best city in the world and is miles better than smelly old London" before dboy has a stroke.
I have never suggested that anywhere is better than.....insert city here.....and while I like the place, accept that others don't.

this is about me and that twit.....he suggested London had better access to the outdoors....i showed it doesn;t, he pushed the issue not me. I had no desire to debate the pros and cons of anywhere and in fact I only bothered saying anything as for some reason I was referrenced in the first post.

best head back to Norfolk as you don't want your kids having to grow up with the stigma of being Canadian now do you.....you are also a twit

Last edited by dboy; Feb 24th 2011 at 2:30 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
dbd33, will you please just do the christian thing and say "Yes, Vancouver is quite clearly the best city in the world and is miles better than smelly old London" before dboy has a stroke.
Yes, Vancouver is quite clearly the best city in the world and is miles better than smelly old London.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:41 pm

Yes, Vancouver is quite clearly the best city in the world and is miles better than smelly old London.
where have i said that .....................

my account is now closed.....

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 24th 2011 at 3:29 pm. Reason: Personal abuse - rule 1
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:42 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no axe to grind in this - I don't like London particularly, but have nothing against it. But dbd's claim that it has more green space than Vancouver is so laughable that it's not even worthy of engaging in the debate.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:45 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I have no axe to grind in this - I don't like London particularly, but have nothing against it. But dbd's claim that it has more green space than Vancouver is so laughable that it's not even worthy of engaging in the debate.
There's plenty of empty bluster on behalf of Vancouver already. Please provide a link to some credible site showing that the total park space in the City of Vancouver is greater than 22% of the city's area.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:46 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone has an axe to grind.
Most of us would just like Dboy to calm down, if for no better reason than for the first poor sod he catches doing 60 in a 50 zone.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Got it, at last:

http://vancouver.ca/commsvcs/plannin...duse/index.htm

quite parky. 10% parky. Not at as parky as London, NYC, or Washington but then it is surrounded by wilderness. And beaches.

Last edited by dbd33; Feb 24th 2011 at 2:56 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
<snip>
I very rarely put forward my own position, merely debate such opinions of others. I doubt very much that anyone could argue with any shred of credibility that DBD33 and I are bed fellows. I am frequently the butt of his ascerbic wit, but have learned to roll with the punches.

Originally Posted by dboy
my account is now closed........

How did you post that with a closed account. Someone is bending the truth me thinks

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 24th 2011 at 3:30 pm. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:58 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Flounce Flounce Flounce
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:00 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Flounce Flounce Flounce
I've never lived in London and have never lived in Vancouver....should I start my own thread ?
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:00 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

It's fact that London has more green spaces than any other city of it's size in the world with 3,000 parks and open spaces.

Greater London is 610 square miles.

The city of Vancouver is 44 square miles. If you factor in the metropolitan area it is 1076 square miles.

Now I'm willing to bet there may well be more open land in the metropolitan area but having been to Vancouver and also seen Greater Toronto to say these amalgamations make up one city is rediculous. Reading for example is more connected to Greater London than say Brampton to Toronto or White Rock to Vancouver. The "Greater" thing in Canada is more a failed marketing hoax to attract foreign investment into thinking there are bigger markets to do business than, we all know, there really are.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:01 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Tch! Coppers today got no stamina.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:02 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

There's plenty of empty bluster on behalf of Vancouver already. Please provide a link to some credible site showing that the total park space in the City of Vancouver is greater than 22% of the city's area.
I can't even be arsed google it, sorry.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I can't even be arsed google it, sorry.
Do keep up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.