Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Best City in the World

Best City in the World

Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:45 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best City in the World

Originally Posted by Tangram
Call it a cup of sludge from Tim's then.
Sold.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:45 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, much classier, but coming from Academia, may I suggest Morse as being more apt ?
Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Oh certainly, Morse it is. Seeing as we agree, I'll be having half of that fiver.
Actually, I rather approve of the (wildly inaccurate) Morse label.

You can have a fiver each.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:47 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

Bloody hell. Such riches. I hope it doesn't change me.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:47 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Chief Inspector
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

You should have added, "Pay them, Lewis."
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:55 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Chief Inspector
You're welcome. I'm virtually sure I can afford it.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:57 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You should have added, "Pay them, Lewis."
Ah, yes. The long suffering Geordie. Plus ca change...
Old Feb 24th 2011, 1:03 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, yes. The long suffering Geordie. Plus ca change...
Oh Le Mot Juste
Old Feb 24th 2011, 1:33 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

see i missed teh action, some of us have to work for a living

<snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 24th 2011 at 3:52 pm. Reason: Personal abuse removed
Old Feb 24th 2011, 1:48 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
see i missed teh action, some of us have to work for a living
Try not to take youself too seriously

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 24th 2011 at 3:51 pm. Reason: Personal abuse from quoted post removed
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Flogger
I don't see how DBD has wound anybody up. Dboy made a factual inacurate
Comment about green spaces which DBD corrected.
I don't need any quarter-backing from the likes of you who make an habit of not reading posts properly and completely fail to catch the argument at all.

I have grown tired of his musings over the past 2 years or so....... end of

and as for factually inacurate, i noted that i was attempting to make a point not debate green space but ok then if must, as there is nowt on the telly:

Vancouver

Has 11 miles of beach that skirt the city, see Locrano Beach, Spanish Banks and Kits beach amongst others. And contrary to what JamesM says, they are nice beaches, not tropical nice, but nice all the same.

Stanley Park - at 404.9 hectare is Vancouver's biggest urban park that boosts two beaches (first and second) and is surrounded by ocean and Vancouver's famous seawall of about 15 miles (will be more when it hooks up with the rest of teh water front) links ,many smaller parks such as coal harbour and David Lam Park.

Pacific Spirt park - one of the regions 22 regional parks - 763 hectares with 54 km of walking trails - wreck beach and acadia beach

Queen Elizzbeth Park - with its stunning gardens and views of the city.

there are numerous smaller parks, such as Cardero Park or Kitsilano Park that I won't bother going into. And many other natural green spaces beyond that link communities and are in line with the fundamentals of Vancouverism in that buildings be built with green space. future parks are planned such as north false creek and the linking of the Oly village.

Vandusen Botanical gardens and UBC Botanicl gardens, Vanier waterfront Park...Granville Island and false creek, coppers park

North Shore

Cates Park in the Cove at the base of Seymour and Indian arm...stunning

Seymour Demonstration forest 5200 hecteres

Lynn Canyon Valley and suspension bridge - some 600 or so acres (give capilano park a miss and head here instead) The canyon also links with the impressive Baden Powell trail which is 48 km from Deep Cove to the beautiful natural setting of Horseshoe Bay and Howe Sound.

Other parks include, waterfront park and moody ville park. Also see Ambleside park and its sea wall - under constuction to link the Spirt Trail along the north shore waterfront from Deep Cove to horseshoe bay about 50 km

Whytcliff park - stunning and rugged on the tip of howe sound..famous for diving and about 15 hectares

Also check out Lighthouse Park for stunning views of the city

the north shore also has 3 ski hills grouse, cypress or seymour....or snow show instead.

Burnaby

Central Park a 90 hectare urban park,

Burnaby lake and Deer Lake, Burnaby Mountain conservation area

Barnett Marine Park and many smaller parks...getting tired, sorry.

How about Golden Ears at 609 sqaure kms.

here is the list of the local regional parks:

http://www.metrovancouver.org/servic...s/default.aspx
Just over an hour or so of vancouver is the majestic Manning Provincial Park at 70,000 hectares:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._C._M...rovincial_Park

yep, that is hell of lot of accessible and uncrowded green space............

Last edited by dboy; Feb 24th 2011 at 2:45 am.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Flogger
Try not to take youself too seriously
oh i do where he is concerned......its the way I am.....see ya.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:18 am
Born again atheist

oh i do where he is concerned......its the way I am.....see ya.
Why?
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:45 am

Why?
cant bothered any more mate..
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:52 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

I don't need any quarter-backing from the likes of you who make an habit of not reading posts properly and completely fail to catch the argument at all.

I have grown tired of his musings over the past 2 years or so....... end of

and as for factually inacurate, i noted that i was attempting to make a point not debate green space but ok then if must, as there is nowt on the telly:

Vancouver

Has 11 miles of beach that skirt the city, see Locrano Beach, Spanish Banks and Kits beach amongst others. And contrary to what JamesM says, they are nice beaches, not tropical nice, but nice all the same.

Stanley Park - at 404.9 hectare is Vancouver's biggest urban park that boosts two beaches (first and second) and is surrounded by ocean and Vancouver's famous seawall of about 15 miles (will be more when it hooks up with the rest of teh water front) links ,many smaller parks such as coal harbour and David Lam Park.

Pacific Spirt park - one of the regions 22 regional parks - 763 hectares with 54 km of walking trails - wreck beach and acadia beach

Queen Elizzbeth Park - with its stunning gardens and views of the city.

there are numerous smaller parks, such as Cardero Park or Kitsilano Park that I won't bother going into. And many other natural green spaces beyond that link communities and are in line with the fundamentals of Vancouverism in that buildings be built with green space. future parks are planned such as north false creek and the linking of the Oly village.

Vandusen Botanical gardens and UBC Botanicl gardens, Vanier waterfront Park...Granville Island and false creek, coppers park

North Shore

Cates Park in the Cove at the base of Seymour and Indian arm...stunning

Seymour Demonstration forest 5200 hecteres

Lynn Canyon Valley and suspension bridge - some 600 or so acres (give capilano park a miss and head here instead) The canyon also links with the impressive Baden Powell trail which is 48 km from Deep Cove to the beautiful natural setting of Horseshoe Bay and Howe Sound.

Other parks include, waterfront park and moody ville park. Also see Ambleside park and its sea wall - under constuction to link the Spirt Trail along the north shore waterfront from Deep Cove to horseshoe bay about 50 km

Whytcliff park - stunning and rugged on the tip of howe sound..famous for diving and about 15 hectares

Also check out Lighthouse Park for stunning views of the city

the north shore also has 3 ski hills grouse, cypress or seymour....or snow show instead.

Burnaby

Central Park a 90 hectare urban park,

Burnaby lake and Deer Lake, Burnaby Mountain conservation area

Barnett Marine Park and many smaller parks...getting tired, sorry.

How about Golden Ears at 609 sqaure kms.

here is the list of the local regional parks:

http://www.metrovancouver.org/servic...s/default.aspx
Just over an hour or so of vancouver is the majestic Manning Provincial Park at 70,000 hectares:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._C._M...rovincial_Park

yep, that is hell of lot of accessible and uncrowded green space............
I have nothing against Vancouver. From you post it sounds nice, a bit like Bournemouth.

I just don't think " I am right cos i'm a copper" really works as an argument.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.