Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Best City in the World

Best City in the World

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:11 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best City in the World

Originally Posted by Turquoise
AlmostCanadian- yes, of course it would be easier to access Glencoe from Romford, than Banff from Newfounland, but that is due to the VAST size difference between Canada and the UK. Besides, I've heard the Maritimes has lots of wonderful places to see; you wouldn't have to go to Banff for spectacular scenery.
Oh, well, thanks oink, but the point I was trying to make to Alan2005 is that other people get their buttons pushed, I'm hardly the only one. Read back you'll this started when dboy's button got pushed.
And in all my many years living in Canada, I've never seen a shed that small. However, it's only a bit smaller than the one we have in our postage sized back yard here in Chadwell Heath.
well move back to Canada then
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:11 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by immichaelcaine
spot on with that whack...i seen some extraordinarily teeny sheds in canada. wtf is wit dat?

http://www.abbeygardenbuildings.co.u...den_shed_2.jpg
I wasn't terribly clear but I meant, there is less space for a shed rather than Canadian sheds being characteristically small.

Thought this was quite good.

Allotment Sheds

Last edited by Oink; Feb 23rd 2011 at 7:19 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:14 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

AlmostCanadian- yes, of course it would be easier to access Glencoe from Romford, than Banff from Newfounland, but that is due to the VAST size difference between Canada and the UK. Besides, I've heard the Maritimes has lots of wonderful places to see; you wouldn't have to go to Banff for spectacular scenery.
Oh, well, thanks oink, but the point I was trying to make to Alan2005 is that other people get their buttons pushed, I'm hardly the only one. Read back you'll this started when dboy's button got pushed.
And in all my many years living in Canada, I've never seen a shed that small. However, it's only a bit smaller than the one we have in our postage sized back yard here in Chadwell Heath.

I feel a little quesy with all this talk about buttons being pushed and I haven't had lunch yet.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:16 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
However, Manchester the best city in the UK?
I know a few people who would argue that Manchester isn't even the best city in 'Manchester'
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Turquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud of

Tangram- Yeah, really!!!! Eish, man.......

Lorry 1- and I could say the same to dbd33(and some others)- Move back to the UK then!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:21 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Lorry 1- and I could say the same to dbd33(and some others)- Move back to the UK then!
Vague generalisations are worthless.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:22 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I could say that too. Anyone will take offense to their home Country being put down and all this tit for tat stuff you are just winding eachother up.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:25 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I feel a little quesy with all this talk about buttons being pushed and I haven't had lunch yet.
Sorry. Next time I'll talk about levers.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmydean
I know a few people who would argue that Manchester isn't even the best city in 'Manchester'
Yeah, we all know it is Trafford.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Turquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud of

Lorry 1- It is mainly other BRITS who have made (or want to make) Canada their new home that dbd winds up. Go back pages and read the exchange between dboy and dbd to see where it started.

Wanted to also say, that I agree with other posters that studies like these need to sometimes be taken with a pinch of salt. There are many other great places to live that don't make it on these lists . I've been several times with my South African husband to Cape Town, and I've fallen in love with the place. I'd take Cape Town over London or Vancouver any day. The Western Cape is stunning. But it will never, for factors, make it onto any list.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:57 pm

Lorry 1- It is mainly other BRITS who have made (or want to make) Canada their new home that dbd winds up. Go back pages and read the exchange between dboy and dbd to see where it started.

Wanted to also say, that I agree with other posters that studies like these need to sometimes be taken with a pinch of salt. There are many other great places to live that don't make it on these lists . I've been several times with my South African husband to Cape Town, and I've fallen in love with the place. I'd take Cape Town over London or Vancouver any day. The Western Cape is stunning. But it will never, for factors, make it onto any list.
My Nan said Cape Town was an awful place. She said unemployment was high and there were disturbing levels of gang crime.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Yup, high unemployment and gangs, just two of the reasons why Cape Town would never make it on any list. But, for beauty, it's spectacular. It's one of those places that somehow gets under your skin.
My sister in law lives a few minutes drive from Bloubergstrand- you can google some images of it. We spent some lovely times laying/walking on that beach admiring Table Mountain or having a drink at a restuarant with that view. Simon's Town, Stellenbosch... can't wait to go back.
So sad, stunning place but yes, some serious problems.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:09 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see how DBD has wound anybody up. Dboy made a factual inacurate
Comment about green spaces which DBD corrected.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:10 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmydean
I'm a big fan of Manchester having studied there and if you are a student then it is pretty kick arse. Always something going on every night with discounted beer.

I'm glad I didn't go to uni anywhere else!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:19 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
I don't see how DBD has wound anybody up. Dboy made a factual inacurate
Comment about green spaces which DBD corrected.
I think it's safe to say he has got on Turquoise's goat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.