Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Best City in the World

Best City in the World

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Turquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Best City in the World

The few Canadians I met in Romford headed back to Canada a long time ago! None of them wanted to stick around any longer than they had too. But when they were here, we did meet up. I miss them.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:19 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is just becoming too personal with the insults flying around.

Adding to that people slagging off others homeland is never a good thing it just causes trouble.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Adding to that people slagging off others homeland is never a good thing it just causes trouble.
And this is no time to make fun of Canada. It must be especially difficult for Canadians abroad right now, knowing that the Scott Tournament of Hearts is in full flow and yet not being able to get twelve televised hours of it any day, nevermind every day.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:27 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
This thread is just becoming too personal with the insults flying around.

I don't know why we always ends up comparing Canadian cities with London.

I blame the Economist Intelligence Unit for scoring cities in the same category as metropolis.......
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:49 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

They (The Economist) didn't take into account allotments. I've said it before, but for a country that has so much land, their allotments are dreadfully small. Its all build, build, build condominiums so people from 'elsewhere' can invest in the property rather than give us a few more spaces to grow our vegs. Don't get me started on the lack of shed space.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:50 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turquoise
Alan2005- yeah, he also pushed a mod's button once too, and got himself banned for a while, didn't he?!
You're good at irony you are.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Turquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud of

Oh, come on, curling ROCKS!!! Oh dbd, how could you remind me while I'm stuck out here in Romford!

TOP TEN REASONS WHY CURLING HAS REPLACED SEX AS THE NUMBER ONE INDOOR SPORT:

10. Men don't fall asleep when play is completed.
9. In Mixed Curling, women always shoot first.
8. The Iceman always cleans the sheets after you play.
7. Short is not always bad.
6. You can use your rubber more than once.
5. You get to shoot your rocks 16 times in just one game.
4. The harder you stroke, the further it goes.
3. You can score more than once in each end.
2. You can do it in eight houses in less than two hours.
1. In Mixed Curling, it's acceptable to play with your best friend's wife!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:41 pm
Banned

immichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Oink
... the lack of shed space.
spot on with that whack...i seen some extraordinarily teeny sheds in canada. wtf is wit dat?

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Almost Canadian: I live by Romford, Essex- the Glencoe area of Scotland is not really accessible to us. When I lived in Edmonton and Calgary, Banff and area was very accessible.
You need to read what I read. I don't doubt that they were on your doorstep in Edmonton and Calgary, what about from Ontario, Newfoundland, etc.?

It would be easier to access Glencoe from Romford than to access Banff from most areas of Canada.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:48 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
You need to read what I read. I don't doubt that they were on your doorstep in Edmonton and Calgary, what about from Ontario, Newfoundland, etc.?

It would be easier to access Glencoe from Romford than to access Banff from most areas of Canada.
I've never been to Jasper ( costly flights or 'shoot yourself in the head' drive ).

I've also never "been to me".
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Another one who holds their hand up of never been to Jasper although its practically on the doorstep will try to kick the apathy and visit this year ~
.........sometime
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

AlmostCanadian- yes, of course it would be easier to access Glencoe from Romford, than Banff from Newfounland, but that is due to the VAST size difference between Canada and the UK. Besides, I've heard the Maritimes has lots of wonderful places to see; you wouldn't have to go to Banff for spectacular scenery.
Oh, well, thanks oink, but the point I was trying to make to Alan2005 is that other people get their buttons pushed, I'm hardly the only one. Read back you'll this started when dboy's button got pushed.
And in all my many years living in Canada, I've never seen a shed that small. However, it's only a bit smaller than the one we have in our postage sized back yard here in Chadwell Heath.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
I've also never "been to me".
Charlene would be most disappointed.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:09 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

AlmostCanadian- yes, of course it would be easier to access Glencoe from Romford, than Banff from Newfounland, but that is due to the VAST size difference between Canada and the UK.
Wow really ?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:10 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Wow really ?
ha ha like the sarcasm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.