#BellLetsTalk

Old Jan 28th 2014, 1:43 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default #BellLetsTalk

For every tweet sent or retweeted today with the hashtag #bellletstalk Bell will donate 5 cents to mental health causes. It's free and not much is these days.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 1:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: #BellLetsTalk

Thanks to all of you who participated the grand total raised in this one day event was a record-setting $5,472,585. Not bad at all!
Old Jan 30th 2014, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Wow not bad! Gratz
Old Jan 31st 2014, 11:56 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Of all the money this company makes from charging an arm and a leg from customers....all they can donate is 5 cents, why did they even bother? I know why, publicity

Pathetic really
Old Jan 31st 2014, 11:59 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Of all the money this company makes from charging an arm and a leg from customers....all they can donate is 5 cents, why did they even bother? I know why, publicity

Pathetic really
They're nuts.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:01 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Nothing wrong with making Bell spend their money on a good cause.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:11 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Pathetic really
Free market. If you don't like Bell, don't use them.

Isn't publicity a fundamental requirement of promoting a fund raising event? Sure, Bell benefit as well as the charity, but are you decrying the use of a high corporate profile to do a little bit of good? Seems like sour grapes.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:43 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
Free market. If you don't like Bell, don't use them.

Isn't publicity a fundamental requirement of promoting a fund raising event? Sure, Bell benefit as well as the charity, but are you decrying the use of a high corporate profile to do a little bit of good? Seems like sour grapes.
Hallo matey RICH...how was your week? I am not a Bell customer, never been really. My only beef with them is how they are trying to make it look like a they doing a wonderful thing by donating 5 cents

Yes publicity helps in promoting events

Would 25 cents have made a dent in their pockets? NO, but God forbid they donate that much to a good curse, they will rather the fat cats get it
Old Feb 1st 2014, 1:08 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Hallo matey RICH...how was your week? I am not a Bell customer, never been really. My only beef with them is how they are trying to make it look like a they doing a wonderful thing by donating 5 cents

Yes publicity helps in promoting events

Would 25 cents have made a dent in their pockets? NO, but God forbid they donate that much to a good curse, they will rather the fat cats get it

Hey. Good thanks.

It's not their sole cause though, is it? Charity golf sponsorship, hospital wards, school initiatives etc etc. They receive daily requests for money to be donated. Everything has to be budgeted for, part of marketing and communications and PR. They're ultimately accountable to the bean counters and share holders, so it's a balance between charitable donation and satisfying the bottom line too.

I operate a 10% contingency fund for ad hoc requests that arrive through the year for charitable or community donations, but essentially budget for those sort of things is fixed at the start of the financial year, based on previous year's profitability and operational spend.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 1:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by R I C H
Hey. Good thanks.

It's not their sole cause though, is it? Charity golf sponsorship, hospital wards, school initiatives etc etc. They receive daily requests for money to be donated. Everything has to be budgeted for, part of marketing and communications and PR. They're ultimately accountable to the bean counters and share holders, so it's a balance between charitable donation and satisfying the bottom line too.

I operate a 10% contingency fund for ad hoc requests that arrive through the year for charitable or community donations, but essentially budget for those sort of things is fixed at the start of the financial year, based on previous year's profitability and operational spend.
True....perhaps this same charity needs the sort of awareness and campaign that the united way embarks on every year. My employer is one of the biggest fundraisers for the united way
Old Feb 1st 2014, 1:20 am
Pea Brain

You have to consider that this sort of fund raising is essentially out of Bell's hands once the ball starts rolling. Maybe they have to find $5m, maybe $10m - it's all dependent on the participation success rates. They have to be realistic about what it could ultimately cost them and have a ceiling that is unlikely to be breached.