Becoming a Senior

Old May 30th 2022, 6:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Becoming a Senior

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Back in March 2021, my wife and MIL applied for CPP for at the time (which got approved quite quickly) but OAS got missed so I got the ball rolling on that one. They did do a back payment all the way back until April 2021 though now it's approved, though GIS is now asking for proof of income for the past two years.
I missed this.
Seems a bit weird asking for proof of income for a period that at least overlaps with OAS for which proof of income was already required.

In my case my OAS Survivors money is effectively GIS for those between 60-65 and widowed so they have all the proof needed (my tax returns) to award it and the OAS.

Since posting, I got the usual survivor payment for April. May's payment date passed last week and I've still heard nothing.

For some people this would be the only income they have and they could be left high and dry on what should have been a smooth transition.

I have another call back arranged.
Old May 31st 2022, 12:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Just got my call back. "Still in processing" but she will send an "Urgent" notice over (because of "our" failure to have done it - that's refreshingly honest and accepting ownership) so that they will have 24 hours in which to respond to either say why not done or do it.

"So at least they can give you a better answer than I have" she said. There should be more like her.
Old Jun 2nd 2022, 2:59 pm
Oscar nominated

...she will send an "Urgent" notice over...so that they will have 24 hours in which to respond...
That was early Tuesday morning. It's now Thursday afternoon and no 24 hour urgent response yet.

Old Jun 9th 2022, 9:33 pm
Oscar nominated

So a week after I was advised of an urgent, within 24 hours, call back I had no urgent call back.
So I did another (standard) call back request. The third one.

On the (standard) call back today they cannot tell me what the hold up is. They will escalate. "Someone did that last week" I say and she asks "nobody called you back yet?"

I was then surprised when she asked if I'd called them. I said I was put off by the waiting time hence call back requests. Apparently if I make the call I speak to someone with more access to information than she has.

So when the website details average wait times (50mins, 70 mins when I look - and those are already out of date not "today") but says you can request a call back instead, it's not particularly helpful if that call back person can't help.

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try first thing Friday morning.

Old Jun 10th 2022, 12:21 pm
Oscar nominated

Automated menu. No surprise there.
Please enter your 9 digit SIN. Done.
Please enter your date of birth. Oh bloody hell (that's the clean version). Please enter year, month date...okay, four figures for year?...for example if you were born in.....so, yes, four figures for the year. So I press the 8 numbers and the recording says they didn't get it so hold for an agent...which was obviously what I wanted anyway.

I get through, I explained I was invited to apply over a year ago which I duly did and heard nothing since. "You've had no contact at all?" Just the call backs requested three times where nobody can tell me anything.
"Do you have a number on the package that was sent?" No it was over a year ago.
"Stay there, I'm just going to familiarise myself with the file."

She tells me it's been escalated and now will be the third one - she seemed quite impressed though I'm not sure why given that it's made not the slightest difference. Anyway, give them three business days to update me and follow up next week if they don't.

What the...

Old Jun 15th 2022, 1:32 pm
Oscar nominated

Another call today. Wednesday. Another 20 minutes of Spanish guitar and finally got through to hear nothing's happened.
'Escalation' number 4 today.

"I know it's frustrating, especially as they are way past the time in which it should be done, but they would normally phone you within 48 hours, if you hear nothing, phone again next Monday."
Old Jun 19th 2022, 10:15 am
Oscar nominated

This was in the paper for passport renewals but it works just as well for this.

Old Jun 21st 2022, 12:36 pm
Oscar nominated

Escalation number 5 submitted today.

We've moved on from "they will call you within 48 hours" to "they should call within 48 hours but if they don't then call again" to today's which was "they don't always call back but I've added you will appreciate a call back."

Each time I call I feel I get a little more acknowledgement, get a little further....but the cynic in me thinks they have a list of potential pacifying 'lines' with one being ticked off each time.
Old Jun 23rd 2022, 10:56 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Escalation number 5 submitted today.

We've moved on from "they will call you within 48 hours" to "they should call within 48 hours but if they don't then call again" to today's which was "they don't always call back but I've added you will appreciate a call back."

Each time I call I feel I get a little more acknowledgement, get a little further....but the cynic in me thinks they have a list of potential pacifying 'lines' with one being ticked off each time.
warp factor 5 then
Old Jun 24th 2022, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

I just cannot afford the phone calls being put on hold for hours from France to the Pension offices in Canada anymore and so I've given up thinking I will ever see a penny of my pension from Canada. I worked in a City Museum for 7 years there.
Good luck to you though, being there ought to help.
Old Jun 24th 2022, 4:24 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Nand
I just cannot afford the phone calls being put on hold for hours from France to the Pension offices in Canada anymore and so I've given up thinking I will ever see a penny of my pension from Canada. I worked in a City Museum for 7 years there.
Good luck to you though, being there ought to help.
I see there's a "call collect" number for outside North America and had to look up that meaning. Do they not agree to pay for the call then? That would be an incentive for them to do a better job.

You can do an on line action that gets them to call you two days after you submit. That one does get a call back, albeit they have no access to your file, but it might get you somewhere.

https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/
Old Jun 28th 2022, 7:36 pm
Oscar nominated

Finally done. Five might be the magic number for escalations.
Old Jun 30th 2022, 10:12 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Some kudos to Mick and the boys for their performance of Sympathy for the Devil at Hyde Park last week (on YouTube). Full marks for growing old disgracefully They look ridiculous, but at least they're still rockin'.
Old Jun 30th 2022, 12:52 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Shard
Some kudos to Mick and the boys for their performance of Sympathy for the Devil at Hyde Park last week (on YouTube). Full marks for growing old disgracefully They look ridiculous, but at least they're still rockin'.
I'm on the same bill

Old Jun 30th 2022, 1:06 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'm on the same bill
I'm getting there !

What's funny is that after that video, I saw a video from 20 years ago, when a German interviewer was asking Mick if it's appropriate for a 59 year old to be dancing and jumping around !! How dated that now seems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.