Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Beast From the East!

The Beast From the East!

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Beast From the East!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4716900&type=3
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 7:16 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up this morning to a layer of ice on the outside of the windows, the snow turned to rain during the night which has become freezing rain, at least it proves the double glazing works!
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 7:33 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Woke up this morning to a layer of ice on the outside of the windows, the snow turned to rain during the night which has become freezing rain, at least it proves the double glazing works!
Woke up this morning and it was cold, very cold and then I remembered I was in Canada. I understood, this is where people who are not successful go.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:34 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Woke up this morning and it was cold, very cold and then I remembered I was in Canada. I understood, this is where people who are not successful go.
Where would you rather be?
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Being from Australia I haven't seen snow before, so I'm loving it. Snowball fights with the neighbours and all that silly stuff

Scouse isn't loving it in the slightest, he went arse over tit yesterday.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:51 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Being from Australia I haven't seen snow before, so I'm loving it. Snowball fights with the neighbours and all that silly stuff

Scouse isn't loving it in the slightest, he went arse over tit yesterday.
Is it your first time in snow?
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 9:01 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Is it your first time in snow?
Yep. This is my third winter on the Wirral (Merseyside), prior to that I lived in Perth Western Australia. All the warnings there are about how not to die of heatstroke and how to avoid getting third degree burns from your vehicle's steering wheel.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 9:04 am
Yo

Yep. This is my third winter on the Wirral (Merseyside), prior to that I lived in Perth Western Australia. All the warnings there are about how not to die of heatstroke and how to avoid getting third degree burns from your vehicle's steering wheel.
G'day from WA
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 9:06 am
Concierge

G'day from WA
That's the one Heading back there at the end of the year, will arrive smack bang in the middle of summer.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 9:07 am
Yo

That's the one Heading back there at the end of the year, will arrive smack bang in the middle of summer.
Will that be a holiday? You will appreciate the searing heat after three years in Merseyside
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 11:52 am
Concierge

Will that be a holiday? You will appreciate the searing heat after three years in Merseyside
No, returning permanently. Scouse hasn't settled here, me, I love it!
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 12:01 pm
Yo

No, returning permanently. Scouse hasn't settled here, me, I love it!
Wow! And spouse is Scouse, right! Anyway, I get where he's coming from.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Wow! And spouse is Scouse, right! Anyway, I get where he's coming from.
Yep, he's from Liverpool. I think he's got a good dose of 'the curse of the expat' - he was looking forward to 'coming home' for years, but almost from the get go he wanted to go back to Oz. I can be happy in either country and I'm really looking forward to living near my family again, but oh boy I'm going to miss the cooler weather here.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 1:17 pm
Yo

Yep, he's from Liverpool. I think he's got a good dose of 'the curse of the expat' - he was looking forward to 'coming home' for years, but almost from the get go he wanted to go back to Oz. I can be happy in either country and I'm really looking forward to living near my family again, but oh boy I'm going to miss the cooler weather here.
I know that curse well. It's good that you had a positive experience in Britain, I remember you were positive before you came, and it seems to have worked out.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 1:47 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Will you be changing your username to the Mouth from the South?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.