BC Fires

Old Aug 17th 2021, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134
Default Re: BC Fires

Last night i went out for a walk in shorts and tee shirt, i got absolutely f...ing soaked it was heaven on earth.
Rainfall calms Thompson region wildfires | CFJC Today Kamloops
Old Aug 17th 2021, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Coquihalla closed because of fire.

Now Highway 1 through the Fraser Canyon between Lytton south to Hope is closed by a mudslide between Lytton and Spences Bridge. Both directions blocked.

That only leaves Highway 3 open between the Lower Mainland and the rest of Canada.
Old Aug 17th 2021, 11:35 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Coquihalla closed because of fire.

Now Highway 1 through the Fraser Canyon between Lytton south to Hope is closed by a mudslide between Lytton and Spences Bridge. Both directions blocked.

That only leaves Highway 3 open between the Lower Mainland and the rest of Canada.
I saw a PSA earlier asking people to not travel on #3 unless a necessary trip, to leave room for essential vehicles. More rain please!
Old Aug 18th 2021, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

soooooooooooooooooo ...........

we're cut off

It only needs Mount Baker to blow her top, and send ash and lava the few miles north and block Hw #3

Actually, I haven't heard much recently about whether she is still venting, it had been going on for years!
Old Aug 18th 2021, 3:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

we're cut off !
That is not good . Not good at all.
Old Aug 18th 2021, 6:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

we're cut off

It only needs Mount Baker to blow her top, and send ash and lava the few miles north and block Hw #3

Actually, I haven't heard much recently about whether she is still venting, it had been going on for years!
I am more worried about a megathrust earthquake than Mt. Baker. Neither would be great, but a megathrust earthquake would do massive damage to Vancouver, Victoria, and its been 321 years since the last one, I do hope it holds off for at least another 40 years ideally.

Or being how things have been going since end of 2019, with the luck humans have been having, maybe the planet would do a double dose, volcano and quake combo.

Yes, I know Mt. Baker going would very well include earthquakes, but I am specifically talking about megathrust earthquake on the Cascadia Subduction Zone which is a rather unique and powerful variety of which the pacific northwest has not had in modern times, I don't really consider 1700 modern times.
Old Aug 20th 2021, 7:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Not specific to BC fires, but the BC fires are contributing to the smoke, Juan does a good job at explaining fires near his home and happens to be an airline pilot so he got some footage from 37,000 on a London to Los Angeles trip he worked, skies begin to get Smokey near the North West passage area of Canada on this flight.

Old Sep 14th 2021, 6:24 am
Account Closed

Drive through Lytton post fire.

Old Oct 14th 2021, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

Transportation Safety Board doesn't beleive that trains were the cause of the Lytton fire, they were unable to find any links that indicate the fire was started by trains.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8265762/c...ildfire-train/
Old Oct 15th 2021, 12:08 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Transportation Safety Board doesn't beleive that trains were the cause of the Lytton fire, they were unable to find any links that indicate the fire was started by trains.
I think it's possible a piece of burning debris could have been carried in on top of one of the railcars if they traveled through a nearby fire. Was it 1 or 2 witnesses claimed to see it start beside the track? What a study of the train would look for is a skidded wheel or a "hotbox" (brake compartment failure). There are lots of trackside sensors to detect hotboxes, especially in the mountains.