BBC Sounds ???

Old Dec 15th 2019, 4:26 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC Sounds ???

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered before...and I did search the forum, and Google...and am now more confused than when I started. I quite often listen to The News Quiz or something that has just been on, on Sounds, and the Today Programme and Broadcasting House on the listen again feature on the same day...not forgetting The Archers!

I just heard a trailer for “The Whisper in Darkness”, which sounded splendid...I can see all the episodes but I can’t hear them...it keeps saying ‘now playing’ but it isn’t. Do I give up the ghost and do the housework in silence?

Is Sounds off limits to me because I’m in Canada?

Advice would be greatly welcomed.
Old Dec 15th 2019, 6:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Sounds ???

I just tried a few of the episodes and they played. Without using a VPN or anything.

Could it be something daft like mute being on? I've been known to use earphones wondering why the sound was 'funny' and then discovered I didn't have the earphone jack plugged in.
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 12:06 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to say Thank You Bristol. Hearing that you had been successful encouraged me to keep prodding away at it. I had evidently, at some point, agreed to a child lock code... I appreciated your help.
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 1:24 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
...not forgetting The Archers!
Originally Posted by MillieF
I just wanted to say Thank You Bristol. Hearing that you had been successful encouraged me to keep prodding away at it. I had evidently, at some point, agreed to a child lock code... I appreciated your help.
Good to hear. Pun intended.

I listened to an episode of The Goons the other day and it featured an Archers spoof. I didn't know it was that old.