BBC iPlayer

Old May 20th 2014, 12:50 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC iPlayer

Originally Posted by bats
Ah, you need to tick the right boxes before you delete. So what's this enable thing? BBChas just hiccuped again so maybe the cookies weren't the problem
Click Tools, then add-ons.

Click Extensions to display the list of add-ons you have.

Scroll down to MediaHint and click the disable box. Then click to re-enable.

That's what I did and BBC started working again. Seems not to have worked for Dashie.
Old May 20th 2014, 1:04 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Click Tools, then add-ons.

Click Extensions to display the list of add-ons you have.

Scroll down to MediaHint and click the disable box. Then click to re-enable.

That's what I did and BBC started working again. Seems not to have worked for Dashie.
Oh, ok. We use UnblockUs so prob not relevant.
Old May 20th 2014, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

I always have trouble streaming on bbc iplayer, but if I download the program it works fine
Old May 21st 2014, 2:05 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the undutchables
I always have trouble streaming on bbc iplayer, but if I download the program it works fine
I can't download and now the streaming problem is back. Netflix is on the fritz too so I am off to bed with Mark Twain instead.
Old May 21st 2014, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Rosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond reputeRosylady has a reputation beyond repute

We have used FilmOn for a few years now. Always works well. Sometimes you can watch for free, but only ITV .. 1,2 and 3.... We do pay a yearly sub, which runs out next week...
Old May 22nd 2014, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

Has anyone found problems using on an ipad ?

Used to work fab iplayer on ipad behind a vpn - now wont open, states update required, try to update but ONLY lets you upate the Global Version which costs

Back to computer
Old May 24th 2014, 1:01 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosylady
FilmOn
I used to use that and pay the subscription and never had issues with it. Small price to pay.

The Mediahint trial thing didn't count at all. I never replied to their emails at all and watched BBC1 last night no probs at all.

Weird
Old May 24th 2014, 4:05 am
Corn Nibbler

cornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud of

The iPad version works properly for me for the first time in a long while. Whatever they've changed, I'm happy with it.

The UK iPlayer app is only available in the UK store. If you're seeing the "global" version, you're probably signed in to the Canadian store. Sign out, then back in using your UK iTunes account.

My iPad just tried to autocorrect "UK" to "Ukip". I'm not amused.
Old May 24th 2014, 1:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the undutchables
I can't download and now the streaming problem is back. Netflix is on the fritz too so I am off to bed with Mark Twain instead.
I just tried iPlayer but got the not working try again message repeatedly.

Watching live was no problem. So I thought I'd try downloading the catch up show (From there to here) that wouldn't play, so I downloaded the iplayer thingy but the show doesn't seem to download. It just sat there with a pause option but didn't do anything.

However, I went back to the usual catch up bit to see if it was still not working try again and I refreshed the page.

I noticed there was a Watch in HD option rather than just clicking the usual 'play' bit. I clicked that and it played.

Last edited by BristolUK; May 24th 2014 at 1:31 pm.
Old May 24th 2014, 1:28 pm
limey party pooper

I remove adobe flash and reinstalled. I noticed that there had been an update on that around the time the problem started. It's been ok since but that just might be a coincidence.
Old May 24th 2014, 1:43 pm
Oscar nominated

Incidentally, on the BBC page there is SD, HD and AD. I know the first two but what's AD?

Googling gets ADHD results.

Mind you, it was worth it for this gem

'My nephew has HDADHD. High Definition Attention Deficit Disorder. He can barely pay attention, but when he does it's unbelievably clear.'
Old May 24th 2014, 1:45 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Incidentally, on the BBC page there is SD, HD and AD. I know the first two but what's AD?

Googling gets ADHD results.

Mind you, it was worth it for this gem

I think it's Audio Ddescribed. For blind people.
Old May 24th 2014, 2:55 pm
Oscar nominated

I think it's Audio Ddescribed. For blind people.
Ah, thanks.
Old May 24th 2014, 3:54 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I've started opening the iplayer website in a private browser window in ff. Seems to work reliably for me.
Old May 24th 2014, 8:40 pm
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I've started opening the iplayer website in a private browser window in ff. Seems to work reliably for me.
well hello!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.