Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Bad news from uk.....for us

Bad news from uk.....for us

Old Jul 12th 2009, 2:18 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bad news from uk.....for us

Well we landed 10mths ago and everything has been brilliant......although we had our moments with some that i wont mention, i kicked butt and have some amazing friends here....

My mum came to visit as planned, although not feeling brilliant, she came, in a way i am glad she did as we finally found out what was wrong with her via our clinic, he made sure that she was well supplied up until she returned to the uk...
A couple of hours after she arrived back to the uk she was admitted to hospital, it has sent me mad over the last few hours........
After a real good chat to a friend i have managed to carm down abit, i know that we all talk about this before we move over, but for it to happen is real hard.

What makes me feel bad is that i really dont want to get on that plane and fly back, i know that i would only do this if mega must, i left the uk as i fell out with it years ago and i have to admit that i have been happier here than i have been in years..............

My post is really for others as well, i know that it is visiting time and its hard to say that goodbye at the airport, but harder knowing that they are ill.........
fingers crossed now that she gets better and i have already thanked the doctor here for so much help, best $100 spent for the care that she got

LB
Old Jul 12th 2009, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad news from uk.....for us

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
Well we landed 10mths ago and everything has been brilliant......although we had our moments with some that i wont mention, i kicked butt and have some amazing friends here....

My mum came to visit as planned, although not feeling brilliant, she came, in a way i am glad she did as we finally found out what was wrong with her via our clinic, he made sure that she was well supplied up until she returned to the uk...
A couple of hours after she arrived back to the uk she was admitted to hospital, it has sent me mad over the last few hours........
After a real good chat to a friend i have managed to carm down abit, i know that we all talk about this before we move over, but for it to happen is real hard.

What makes me feel bad is that i really dont want to get on that plane and fly back, i know that i would only do this if mega must, i left the uk as i fell out with it years ago and i have to admit that i have been happier here than i have been in years..............

My post is really for others as well, i know that it is visiting time and its hard to say that goodbye at the airport, but harder knowing that they are ill.........
fingers crossed now that she gets better and i have already thanked the doctor here for so much help, best $100 spent for the care that she got

LB
HUGS for you LBUnderstand your dilemma.Prayers and
for your mum's health.
Yoong
Old Jul 12th 2009, 3:16 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

LB
One day you will have to say goodbye

Don't let that stop you living
Old Jul 12th 2009, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by MikeUK
One day you will have to say goodbye

Don't let that stop you living
Mike....
Already did that some 17yrs ago to my dear dad, so i know the pain of it, but when its your last parent its real hard....especially when you are close.
we knew we had to fave this at some point, if i stopped it from letting me live i would of stayed in the uk where i was unhappy

i suppose its just hard having little kids and knowing i cant just pop to mums to make sure she is ok.......
But the kids still dragged me to the funfair this afternoon, as i promised them

Thanks young........we will find out more tomorrow, the main thing is that the uk hospital still has me down as next of kin so they will release the info to me
Old Jul 12th 2009, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everything muddles along OK for her back in the UK. Perhaps make plans with her about you visiting her later in the year or next year - something you could both look forward to ...

Best wishes
Old Jul 12th 2009, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by ann m
Hope everything muddles along OK for her back in the UK. Perhaps make plans with her about you visiting her later in the year or next year - something you could both look forward to ...

Best wishes
Could be an idea for when we get our PR...but i did want to leave it for the kids for a few years as they are young yet, so they get a better idea why we did the move, but i do have a offer for me to go alone now...so maybe an idea....

Now i know why i decided to work.....to pay for my airfare
Old Jul 12th 2009, 4:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

LB
When I left the UK last November I said to my dad 'See you in a few weeks dad'. I intended to go back during January but with one thing and another I put my visit off. In February I received the phone call all ex-pats dread. I would give anything to see my dad just one more time.

Put your dislike of the UK behind you and go and see your mum...I wish I could go and see dad.

My very best wishes to your mum.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When I left the UK last November I said to my dad 'See you in a few weeks dad'. I intended to go back during January but with one thing and another I put my visit off. In February I received the phone call all ex-pats dread. I would give anything to see my dad just one more time.

Put your dislike of the UK behind you and go and see your mum...I wish I could go and see dad.

My very best wishes to your mum.
I would if i could, as i said i have the offer, but i started a job a few weeks ago, plus we are going through PR..plus i have just seen her for 3 weeks as i put her on the plane at calgary only yesterday, but i thought she would be ok.........but if i get the call - i will fly into any airport in the uk and travel to her, i am lucky to have friends throughout the uk that will help me get there, but fingers crossed i get good news tomorrow..

I don't HATE the uk to that point, just don't ever want to live there again
I feel for you with your dad, i said goodbye to mine one night when he went to work and went to work, then i had my brother turning up to give me the bad news............
I am lucky that i have just seen her, but hurts like crazy i cant be there for her now...........
Old Jul 12th 2009, 4:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I would if i could, as i said i have the offer, but i started a job a few weeks ago, plus we are going through PR..plus i have just seen her for 3 weeks as i put her on the plane at calgary only yesterday, but i thought she would be ok.........but if i get the call - i will fly into any airport in the uk and travel to her, i am lucky to have friends throughout the uk that will help me get there, but fingers crossed i get good news tomorrow..

I don't HATE the uk to that point, just don't ever want to live there again
I feel for you with your dad, i said goodbye to mine one night when he went to work and went to work, then i had my brother turning up to give me the bad news............
I am lucky that i have just seen her, but hurts like crazy i cant be there for her now...........
I understand and I don't know the extent of your mum's illness. I know it's very difficult when you have commitments here and a sick parent across the pond. No matter how much you've seen or done for them...losing a parent is very difficult.

My FIL attended my dad's funeral...a few weeks later we unexpectedly had to go back to the UK to arrange my FIL's funeral.

I'm so sorry for the position you're in.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:02 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

just big hugs x x x
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

I know how you feel. I often worry about my parents, my mom in particular. I hope your mom will be okay.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Hotpots has a spectacular aura aboutHotpots has a spectacular aura aboutHotpots has a spectacular aura about

I'm in NZ, been here for 18 months, went back for a visit in May and have worried about this. Everytime I say goodbye to my Mum I always wonder if this is the last.

I guess it's just a fact of emigration.

Sending good vibes
Old Jul 12th 2009, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

LB

Hope you get some good news LB its something we all must face at some time as sad as it is, if we leave to follow our dream

big hugs x
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:23 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto from me hun, massive virtual hugs sent...and prayers for your Mum

(((((()))))
Old Jul 12th 2009, 2:50 pm

Thanks for the well wishes, if it wasnt for here to vent and facebook i would go lala..............
Spoke with the hospital again this morning, she did advise i can call night or day to check her, lucky her best friend is off there today and i know she will tell them straight

Sadly they are still saying they don't know what it is, although the doctor did advise her here, fingers crossed they sort it, as if i have to do that flight back i dont think they will like me right much at the moment

But me and the OH have talked and i sack the job and fly back if that is what has to be

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.