Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

"Baby P killer maybe heading to Canada"

"Baby P killer maybe heading to Canada"

Old May 17th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice
Default "Baby P killer maybe heading to Canada"

I know its the News of the World (& probably not true) but what suprised me is that they were going to set up Maxine Carr in Canada, James Bulgers killers are asssumed to be living in Canada and now Baby P`s Killer!!

How come Killers can be just sent to Canada but normal folk have to jump through hoops?? Assuming its true, Cant see Canada taking them mesen like!!!
Old May 17th 2009, 2:24 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Baby P killer maybe heading to Canada"

Originally Posted by rockspie
I know its the News of the World (& probably not true) but what suprised me is that they were going to set up Maxine Carr in Canada, James Bulgers killers are asssumed to be living in Canada and now Baby P`s Killer!!

How come Killers can be just sent to Canada but normal folk have to jump through hoops?? Assuming its true, Cant see Canada taking them mesen like!!!
When you post something like this on the site it would be useful to actually put links in, if these people actually made it through the immagration process i would be shocked, especially if they where not canadian citizens in the first place, please post info that you have
Old May 17th 2009, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's the link

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...in-Canada.html

It says he wants a new life in Canada, not that he is getting it. Couldnt see anything about Maxine Carr.

That excursion into the NoW was staggering
Old May 17th 2009, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
When you post something like this on the site it would be useful to actually put links in, if these people actually made it through the immagration process i would be shocked, especially if they where not canadian citizens in the first place, please post info that you have
heres the story:http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...in-Canada.html
Old May 17th 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

I know its the News of the World

Say no more!!
Old May 17th 2009, 4:23 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh how I don't miss the British press and their scare the f**k out of people attitude, I wouldn't wipe my arse with the NOTW. They prey on our fears to sell copies to people like the OP.
Old May 17th 2009, 4:33 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Oh how I don't miss the British press and their scare the f**k out of people attitude, I wouldn't wipe my arse with the NOTW. They prey on our fears to sell copies to people like the OP.
Ditto - read the story, like it advises each case will be looked at, each case will be accepted or declined, i think if he made it here it would open flood gates

Then it would be time to ship out - Anyone know where there is a dessert island
Old May 17th 2009, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Whoops, Sorry forgot to post the link, But it was the same link fledermaus posted. I dont buy or read the NOTW, It was just a link someone sent me. The Maxine Carr bit i meant was this bit...

"Six years ago the Home Office looked into relocating Maxine Carr to Canada and found the set-up costs alone were £750,000"

I agree with Lancashirebird!
Old May 18th 2009, 4:20 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Australia was the historical destination of criminals kicked out of the UK?
Old May 19th 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
Anyone know where there is a dessert island
Wherever it is, I hope that it's chocolate
Old May 19th 2009, 10:53 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

for Canada read Australia,ive just left OZ and the papers are full of the same garbage about killers from UK being sent to their shores,the same names are trotted out time and time again.
I hear Ian Huntley is on facebook too,now if there was any justice in the world these"people" would be made available to "chat" about their offences with the general public...................
Old May 19th 2009, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

"Six years ago the Home Office looked into relocating Maxine Carr to Canada and found the set-up costs alone were £750,000"
I'd hope even with new identities that most other countries wouldn't accept these people. If a regular immigration applicant with a minor criminal record has to get a pardon before applying, surely then these people who've been convicted of far worse shouldn't be able to avoid the system. If the UK government doesn't want them, why the hell should any other country.

£750,000 for what exactly? Are we buying her a new house, car and a lifestyle where she'll never have to work again? Offer regular people £10,000 per adult to leave the UK and there'll be 1,000's wanting to leave the country.
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:51 am
Corn Nibbler

cornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
I'd hope even with new identities that most other countries wouldn't accept these people. If a regular immigration applicant with a minor criminal record has to get a pardon before applying, surely then these people who've been convicted of far worse shouldn't be able to avoid the system. If the UK government doesn't want them, why the hell should any other country.
I imagine it would be on a reciprocal basis.

As a general principle (and not a comment on any individual case): if the UK and Canada both have ex-cons that need relocating, a swap seems a reasonable approach.
Old May 22nd 2009, 3:33 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cornmatthew
I imagine it would be on a reciprocal basis.

As a general principle (and not a comment on any individual case): if the UK and Canada both have ex-cons that need relocating, a swap seems a reasonable approach.
OK,

Heres the deal, we'll take Huntley if they take Celine Dion.
Old May 22nd 2009, 4:17 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
OK,

Heres the deal, we'll take Huntley if they take Celine Dion.
Thats a bit one sided, how about Huntley for Celine Dion and Stephen Harper?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.