Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Auto Lease - any example values ?

Auto Lease - any example values ?

Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:19 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auto Lease - any example values ?

Originally Posted by sharkus
Nothing wrong with SUV's, and I too don't get why there is no love for them on here. Would you rather a mini-van or an SUV?
Minivans have their place and time. I had one when the kids were pre-teens.

SUVs have their place too. But it's not in a city.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:22 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
Nothing wrong with SUV's, and I too don't get why there is no love for them on here. Would you rather a mini-van or an SUV?
A minivan makes a lot more sense. It rides better, it can accomodate more people or stuff. The advantage of an SUV is that, if you're bad at parking, it's less likely to be damaged from bumping over kerbs. Note that it's a condition of leases that the SUV not be driven off road, not that that's a consideration for most users, you tend not to see them in the country and there's nowhere to drive off road in the city. I don't hate SUVs but having one in Ontario seems rather silly.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:24 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
But it's not in a city.
Well, it's not in the country. I can't think of anyone who has one out here.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:25 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Well, it's not in the country. I can't think of anyone who has one out here.
Well there seems to be no place they can call home.

You do have twats in the countryside too though I hope?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:29 am
Assimilated Pauper

You do have twats in the countryside too though I hope?
I've never seen a BMW X5, nor the ridiculous X6, out here. A local estate agent, generally known as "the kiddy fiddler" does have a Hummer, this I know because everyone who will talk to him has pulled him out of snow or mud. "Tugging Wayne" is a local pastime conducted with heavy innuendo.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:31 am
Born again atheist

I've never seen a BMW X5, nor the ridiculous X6, out here. A local estate agent, generally known as "the kiddy fiddler" does have a Hummer, this I know because everyone who will talk to him has pulled him out of snow or mud. "Tugging Wayne" is a local pastime conducted with heavy innuendo.
Oh good. I'm glad to hear that hummers are available where you are too.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:36 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2008orbust
"not sure how Toronto weather and an old car will mix"

Please re-read that and hit yourself over the head with a plank

??????

mandywhatever can you illuminate me ?

it was humour as in -alotofC and old cars not surviving

maybe a bit technical for you to grasp

and if i want to try an SUV then thats my decision
Aw i'm sorry my poor little head can't grasp concepts so complicated.

Someone must've upset you today because it was merely a thinly veiled grasp at humour.

Anyhoo let me spell it out - People don't buy cars every 3 years in Canada. They tend to last - hence the prices of 2nd hand vehicles.

f/i we have amongst others a couple of old beaters - a 1992 Pontiac sunfire with 311k on it - and a 1998 Chev Silverado 1/2 ton with 425k on it.

Alberta temps range from -40 to +40, the Shitfire still sparks up first time and has never had a block heater, the Chev needs a manifold gasket and a speed control sensor - aside from that they have both never had any other deterioration problems that you are presuming are common over here.

Manufactueres need to make their vehicles suitable across the board - I can't see many surviving in Canada if all the weatherstripping fell apart at the sign of a slight drop in temps.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:43 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Manufactueres need to make their vehicles suitable across the board - I can't see many surviving in Canada if all the weatherstripping fell apart at the sign of a slight drop in temps.

My 2007 pastel Beetle convertible, 222,222 clics on it, has one weather related failing. The design is that, when you touch the door handle, or remote unlock, the window is supposed to drop 1/4" so as to clear the slot in the top where it fits. This has never worked in winter because the windows are frozen closed. The door has to be pulled so the window comes past the top and then the door can't be closed properly until the mechanism thaws. I drive with a draft most of the winter. That's not optimized for Canada, bloody Mexicans.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:48 am
Born again atheist

My 2007 pastel Beetle convertible, 222,222 clics on it, has one weather related failing. The design is that, when you touch the door handle, or remote unlock, the window is supposed to drop 1/4" so as to clear the slot in the top where it fits. This has never worked in winter because the windows are frozen closed. The door has to be pulled so the window comes past the top and then the door can't be closed properly until the mechanism thaws. I drive with a draft most of the winter. That's not optimized for Canada, bloody Mexicans.
I've always assumed you drove with the top down in winter.

Now I'm disillusioned.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:53 am
Assimilated Pauper

I've always assumed you drove with the top down in winter.

Now I'm disillusioned.
The ****ing thing won't start with the top down if it thinks the temperature is less than 0C. Neither will it let you put the top up or down. It's rather a dictatorial device.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:56 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I think many vehicles with electric windows have the whole "thawed up until its warmed up) scenario.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 2:56 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I want the pink one on this page . . .http://www.terra2imports.ca/subaru/sambar/
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future

mandymoowhatever

Gun wielding harpy <-- well that says it all really

hanged by your own byline

you started the insults not me , i just asked a question on the forum

you are the sort of english person most of this forum has left to escape from

and you have a major issue with vehicles under 311k

i have no problem with your love of such vehicles and the fact that yours work well is good news - my current vehicle is actually 16 years old which i bet you find surprising

why don't you just ignore things that aren't your thing and use
your time better - www.oldautosaregreat.com ?

========================

no X5s - only people i see in the UK are rich housewives wasting
hubbies money at shopping centers all day and spending the tax credits . . .

========================

to all the normal people - thanks for the info

i wasn't mad on leases but needed more info

looks a bad deal at the moment - good point on the minivan

thinking first year there will be more buying than normal years
so space will be important - if i'm alowed to have an opinion !

Last edited by 2008orbust; Oct 19th 2010 at 10:16 am.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 5:47 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

thinking first year there will be more buying than normal years so space will be important
Why not buy a station wagon and a trailer? Pointless having something that's too large for your needs in 12 months time. A new 8ft trailer's only about $1,000, and you'll be able to re-sell it easily if it becomes surplus in the future.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 6:08 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

you are the sort of english person most of this forum has left to escape from
What a bizarre comment that doesn't actually make any sense. Much like buying a SUV in Toronto.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.