Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

article on young people moving from the city to the East Coast

article on young people moving from the city to the East Coast

Old Dec 20th 2018, 7:29 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default article on young people moving from the city to the East Coast

Head For The East Coast, Young City Dwellers. You Won't Regret It

Came across this a couple of days ago and found it interesting. The more and more young people are priced out of a city, the more this will probably happen.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: article on young people moving from the city to the East Coast

If disability was federal and we were still young, we would move to east coast, housing is so cheap way east.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 7:57 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If disability was federal and we were still young, we would move to east coast, housing is so cheap way east.
It is something that I think about more and more, I mean yes there will be more snow and less to do maybe. My issue is trying to get my other half to look at the bigger picture because family and friends are here for him where as I have already up sticked and started again once and I'm prepared to do it again whilst there are no children to think about
Old Dec 20th 2018, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
It is something that I think about more and more, I mean yes there will be more snow and less to do maybe. My issue is trying to get my other half to look at the bigger picture because family and friends are here for him where as I have already up sticked and started again once and I'm prepared to do it again whilst there are no children to think about
Yeah the Canadian half can be difficult to get to move, my previous Canadian spouse refused to ever move (oddly she now lives in New Zealand) as she would not move away from her friends and family, where I already had moved so many times that it just became part of life.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 20th 2018 at 8:09 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Let's see how the author feels 3 years from now!
Old Dec 20th 2018, 9:04 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Let's see how the author feels 3 years from now!
I doubt if they will regret their decision, there will ups and downs but ultimately its got to be better then living in a very very expensive shoebox
Old Dec 20th 2018, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I doubt if they will regret their decision, there will ups and downs but ultimately its got to be better then living in a very very expensive shoebox
For sure. One thing I hate with a passion is living in this tiny over priced crappy condo we have.