Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Anyone from the Yorkshire / Cleckheaton area ................

Wikiposts

Anyone from the Yorkshire / Cleckheaton area ................

Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:48 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone from the Yorkshire / Cleckheaton area ................

moving to Canada or indeed anywhere else in the world who needs to offload some furniture / house hold stuff cheap (that sounds cheeky eh!!!!).

My 18 year old daughter has decided to make the move from Leicester to Yorkshire with her friend and they are now trying to furnish their rental (you know the sort want the earth for next to nothing!!!!!).

I am not really in a position to ship over items from here to there to help them out so I wondered if there was anyone not taking their things with them or had washer / dryer - tv - dvd - wardrobe - 3 piece suite - side tables - rugs - other household things that you wanted to offload then please contact me as I can get funds over to you and the girls could arrange for things to be picked up!!!!!!

Stuff doesn't have to be super modern or super expensive but anyting would help

Thanks Expats
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone from the Yorkshire / Cleckheaton area ................

I used to be from Yorkshire (The Dales), and before comming over here, lived not far from Leicester...

Sorry, not much use to you though as I am over here now...

One tip though, has she tried Freecycle for stuff? We gave away loads of furniture on there before coming over.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chookie
One tip though, has she tried Freecycle for stuff? We gave away loads of furniture on there before coming over.
Ditto. We put absolutely loads of stuff on Freecycle before our move.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

CanadianLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I am in West Yorkshire returning home with husband legally in tow next month - my best friend lives in Lancashire and is moving to Belfast and is selling the majority of the furniture in her flat. It includes dining table, bookcase, futon, dresser, couch etc. Message me if you are interested and I will put you/your daughter in touch with my friend. We have left our house rented fully furnished so I personally can't help.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:10 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

am too early in the process to help, but should miracles happen

local 'sell it' centres can help - there is one in Halifax I used when a student
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

CanadianLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Plus in her new house your daughter will live about 20 mins away from the Ikea in Birstall - lots of inexpensive stuff there!