Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Anyone planning on renting out their property when they move?

Anyone planning on renting out their property when they move?

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone planning on renting out their property when they move?

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia View Post
If someone made a low offer on my house I would have their arm off. I am willing to take a real big reduction on my house so if anyone you know wants a bargain, just point them my way.
The estate agents said that they had hoped to get more for our house but that it is an offer and not too bad an offer based on the market situation. I suppose it then comes down to the fact that we, like yourself are in a position where we are willing to accept a poor offer.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thundercat600 View Post
that's encouraging rachel! and with no chain hopefully it'll all go through with little mishap!

we got woken at 6.30 yesterday morning by our agent calling to say we had someone interested in viewing this week. she obviously didn't get the message i left last week to say we were away for a couple of weeks!! hopefully these viewers can wait until we get back next week!
Thanks. Fingers crossed that your viewers are willing to wait until your return.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

Hi rgilbert
Congratulations on getting a buyer
Do they have a relative that wants our house
You may get to NS before us, we had a viewer yesterday but i dont think she was that interested.
On a brighter note Booked our flights for house /job hunting for the first two weeks of September.
Again best of luck with your buyer I do hope it all goes well.

Lee
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Rjohan77 will become famous soon enoughRjohan77 will become famous soon enough

Hi Everybody,

I am also in the same boat with you all, the house selling has really made us stressed and depressed after all we have been through with the agency and the buyer that withdrawned the purchase last week I just cannot wait any longer as OH is already in Canada for one month now. we decided to give up for now and just rent the house.
My question is for you guys that have been renting your house, how does things work so far? the big question is the payment of the rent. Our bank is Barclay and they told us that we couldn't transfer money to overseas account if we are not in the UK. is it true? in that case, how do you guys do it? how do you tranfer the rent money from your account in the UK to your account in Canada? I know very little if nothing about this, could you guys please please help? I really appriciate any suggestions or comments. Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

edinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to all

hi

really surprised at barclays ,remember its your money ,as long as they are getting the debt paid on time i don't see any issues
i am sure someone else will pitch in , but also worth calling a few banks and checking them out

good luck
Old Jul 10th 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Rjohan77 will become famous soon enoughRjohan77 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by edinburgh View Post
hi

really surprised at barclays ,remember its your money ,as long as they are getting the debt paid on time i don't see any issues
i am sure someone else will pitch in , but also worth calling a few banks and checking them out

good luck
hi edinburgh,
thanks for replying. yes I am myself surprised at Barclays suck service. especially after I made some calls to HSBC and Nationwide, and they all tell me that there is no problem of transfering money when you are not here. so I will look into it this Saturday. Thanks!