British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   anyone land at Pearson recently? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/anyone-land-pearson-recently-941523/)

I am I said Nov 12th 2021 7:41 am

anyone land at Pearson recently?

How was the entry process and how long did it take? I have a Canadian passport. Thanks.

Gozit Nov 12th 2021 1:41 pm

Re: anyone land at Pearson recently?

I landed at Pearson T1 2 weeks ago.

Getting off the plane took about 20 mins but I sat as close to the front as possible to minimize waiting. We were through immigration in 15-20 mins. No issues, CBSA asked us usual questions and asked for our arrivecan, and we were on our way. Bags out less then 10min after that. All in all within the hour we were back at my car driving home. Not bad at all. Very commeasurate with my experience landing at T1 in July as well.

I am I said Nov 12th 2021 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 13070813)
I landed at Pearson T1 2 weeks ago.

Great, thanks for the insight. Fingers crossed...

dbd33 Mar 9th 2022 12:55 pm

I arrived at YYZ yesterday. I was delighted to find that they've given up with the machines for processing arrivals and gone back to cardboard. I didn't like the taste of the slips printed by the machines. There's a new wrinkle now. After the palaver whereby everyone has to produce the cardboard at the exit there's an additional need to produce passports after leaving the baggage hall. Of course, everyone has put those away so they stop in the middle of the aisle to rummage in their bags.

The arrival covid testing facility is in the car park, up one floor, across, up two more, behind the bogs. It couldn't be more typically Pearson if I'd designed it.

The airline required that ArriveCan be used to store one's information and that one has a covid test but none of that is used upon arrival. Again, it's almost a caricature of how one expects things to be at YYZ.

sharkus Mar 9th 2022 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 13100157)
The arrival covid testing facility is in the car park, up one floor, across, up two more, behind the bogs. It couldn't be more typically Pearson if I'd designed it.

Was there also a sign stating "Beware of the Leopard" ? :D

dbd33 Mar 9th 2022 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by sharkus (Post 13100226)
Was there also a sign stating "Beware of the Leopard" ? :D

I made the safari to the testing centre with a jolly mockney lady "cor blimey, they don't know much do they?" she remarked, of the confused airport staff. I went into emissary for Toronto mode "Its only the airport that's shit, honest" I offered.