Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Old Oct 4th 2016, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Originally Posted by Oink
Define 'doomed' in this context.
Not "doomed" as such, that was really just a play on words, what i mean is that the states will not do well with either of them, neither are fit to be president.

Trudeau isnt fit to be prime minister of Canada but it didnt stop people voting for him.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 4:19 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Not "doomed" as such, that was really just a play on words, what i mean is that the states will not do well with either of them, neither are fit to be president.

Trudeau isnt fit to be prime minister of Canada but it didnt stop people voting for him.

Can you be anymore specific as that's a rather broad and sweeping prediction. Secondly, while Clinton and Trump are the oldest candidates ever, I'm not sure that's what you mean by 'fit'. Maybe you could define and operationalize this term. Without some clarity and agreement of terms we can't really have a productive conversation.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 4:19 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
And that's assuming the country isn't a radioactive wasteland after Clinton picks a fight with Putin.
This is a serious issue and none can be complacent that history won't repeat itself as it has so often done in the past. Nuclear armageddon isn't on peoples lips the way it was when I was a teenager and that means to a great many that the problem doesn't exist.

Like many, I survived the Cuban missile crisis and was fortunate that the US was confronting a communist USSR with no electorate to worry about. This meant that Kruschev was able to be witnessed by Mr & Mrs American to have climbed down and Kennedy could gather plaudits. The Jupiter missiles that were stationed in Turkey by the US and aimed at the USSR were removed very quietly and the russian missiles situated in Cuba were removed to great fanfare.

When Clinton tries the same with Putin, we had better reach for the iodine tablets, because both sides will have electorates to worry about next time.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 4:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Who knows how this tax thing works?

His loss was great enough in one year not to have to pay tax for 20 years.

If it was normally 25%, 20 years worth of 25 percents would be 500%, suggesting a loss in that year equal to 5 years of profit.

What was the reason for the loss, incompetence?

If it was my $100k rental, making $8k a year it would be like losing $40k in one year. Hard to imagine that.

How does it actually work...you lose a massive sum and carry it forward into what was otherwise a profitable year but the loss is so great it still leaves a big deficit that you carry forward to do the same thing again and keep doing that until red becomes black?

The way he talks about it makes it sound like he was given a 20 year tax break
Old Oct 4th 2016, 4:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

What's gone wrong?
Old Oct 4th 2016, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
What's gone wrong?

Well he hasnt really done anything yet......

I think he honestly means well, but as Prime Minister you cant be EVERYTHING to EVERYONE, i think Trudeau is trying to be that guy, his goverenment spending plans do worry me though.

And i just dont get the selfie thing all the time!
Old Oct 4th 2016, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oink
Can you be anymore specific as that's a rather broad and sweeping prediction. Secondly, while Clinton and Trump are the oldest candidates ever, I'm not sure that's what you mean by 'fit'. Maybe you could define and operationalize this term. Without some clarity and agreement of terms we can't really have a productive conversation.
I just dont think either one is a good choice for president, Hilary appears to be hiding untold corruption (but then isnt that the norm for all politician these days) and Trump is just not a politician, he is a businessman, and so hasnt got the political education to be in the world stage.

I liked some of his views and no nonsense anti politically stance initially, but now he has just become ridiculous.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 5:58 pm
Oscar nominated

And i just dont get the selfie thing all the time!
I don't get that with anyone really.

I can't remember if it was on BE or in the Guardian but there were photos of someone taking selfies. Why didn't she just have the pictures of her that were taken by the photographer? That's really strange that is.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I just dont think either one is a good choice for president, Hilary appears to be hiding untold corruption
Clinton isn't hiding untold corruption, the media is.

But you're right. This election is between Used Car Salesman and Batshit-Crazy Cat Lady (excuse my French). The whole thing is so insane that it would have sounded like satire ten years ago.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 6:25 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

There haven't been too many presidents who haven't been scoundrels. Jimmy Carter may be the only one in my lifetime, and I remember Eisenhower.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 6:34 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker
There haven't been too many presidents who haven't been scoundrels. Jimmy Carter may be the only one in my lifetime...
Didn't he have impure thoughts or something? I remember reading the Playboy Interview.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 6:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Didn't he have impure thoughts or something?
Now I'm having them! I'm that suggestible.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 8:53 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I just dont think either one is a good choice for president, Hilary appears to be hiding untold corruption (but then isnt that the norm for all politician these days) and Trump is just not a politician, he is a businessman, and so hasnt got the political education to be in the world stage.

I some of his views and no nonsense anti politically stance initially, but now he has just become ridiculous.
you've been in Peterborough too long, you've assimilated.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

One of the children had to analyse this cartoon for their social homework the other day. Seems to sum up the situation quite well.

08/07/2016 Cartoon by Nate Beeler
Old Oct 5th 2016, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MarkG
Clinton isn't hiding untold corruption, the media is.

But you're right. This election is between Used Car Salesman and Batshit-Crazy Cat Lady (excuse my French). The whole thing is so insane that it would have sounded like satire ten years ago.
Yes...good correction....the media...they control it all.

But yes that is a good way of summing it up i like it, used car salesman or Crazy cat lady! couldnt have put it better myself....it is complete satire!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.