Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Old Oct 3rd 2016, 5:53 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Clinton on a roll now regarding Trump paying zero taxes. I believe after listening to her speech today and reaction to the tax claims that he has no chance now.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 6:11 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Clinton on a roll now regarding Trump paying zero taxes. I believe after listening to her speech today and reaction to the tax claims that he has no chance now.
Got a link ?
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 6:12 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Got a link ?
+1

Was it a speech or her ad. Can't find the ad either.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 6:18 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Oh dear! The anonymous oakvillain has caught me out, because everybody who doesn't follow the MSM line must be a Russian spy. Yes, oakvillain - there really are reds under your beds! Joke-villain, more like...
OK, let's try on this thread, since you've failed to answer the question regardless of how many times it's put to you in the other place:

Given your condemnation of Clinton's warmongering, what is your opinion of Trump's stated intention to torture captives, to go after the families of people he perceives to be anti-American operatives, to "bomb the shit out of" anybody who so much as indulges in belligerent talk with the US, to "take all the oil" from assorted middle Eastern nation states, and so on? In what way is this a more acceptable alternative than what has gone on to date?

It's not your "not following the MSM line" that makes people occasionally suspect you're a Putin stooge: it's your link-dumping from pro-Kremlin propaganda sources and your reliance on unsubstantiated opinion pieces instead of actual journalism. Some of what you put out there is very likely true; but you really don't help your case in debate if it's impossible to pick out the nuggets of rationalism amidst the torrents of utter bilge!
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 6:19 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

It was her address at her latest conference, in Ohio I think, was on the news. Was only moments ago so maybe all over news later.

Attached Thumbnails Any Trump supporters in Canada?-img_6671.png  

Last edited by magnumpi; Oct 3rd 2016 at 6:29 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the average Canadian cares about NAFTA, and I have seen and heard a lot of comments about how NAFTA ruined Canada and how Canada was better before NAFTA.

Originally Posted by Shard
Given Trump's opposition to NAFTA, you would think Canadian support, especially Ontario support, would be more muted.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Having spoken to a number of friends who are business men of one collection or another here in Canada and do a lot of business in the U S, regarding NAFTA. All without exception are of the opinion that it's a non event and has done nothing for their business to speak of. Seems the U.S and Canada both don't see much value in the agreement so it would seem the big winner is Mexico?
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 8:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The big winners were the companies that get their stuff manufactured in the cross border maquiladoras by cut rate labour.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Clinton on a roll now regarding Trump paying zero taxes.
Doesn't Clinton transfer^H^H^H^Hdonate most of her money to the Clinton Foundation to avoid tax?

Not that it matters, because the only people who care about Trump's taxes were already going to vote for her, anyway.

Personally, I've been surprised by how many Trump supporters I've met here in Canada. The way the economy is going, I think the next election here could be almost as entertaining as this one in America.

I believe after listening to her speech today and reaction to the tax claims that he has no chance now.
Yet, just the other day, even Michael Moore was saying that Trump would win, unless the left get out and DO SOMETHING! Maybe it's just wishful thinking on his part.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I don't think the US is doomed under Hillary. I fail to see why so many are so against her.
Clinton has never seen a war she didn't like, and has actively supported a 'no-fly zone' over Syria that would help ISIS and put US planes in combat against Russians. If she wins, we'll be lucky if we're not in WWIII within a year.

That's why I'd rather see Trump win even though I dislike both of them, and don't think either can do much to save America. I spent the first twenty years of my life wondering if I'd be in the middle of a nuclear fireball the next day, and I don't want to have to do that again.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 2:21 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG

Personally, I've been surprised by how many Trump supporters I've met here in Canada. The way the economy is going, I think the next election here could be almost as entertaining as this one in America.
Unless the two opposition parties get their act together sometime soon, the next election here will be an extemely dull affair plodding forward to the inexorable re-election of Trudeau almost completely unopposed.

The Conservatives are playing a dangerously GOP-lite sort of a game, it's true. Over a dozen declared or interested runners for leadership, and the person making the most noise so far in that crowded field is the most outrageous one - Kellie Leitch with her "Canadian Values" shtick is quite the little Trumpist, but she's gaining traction only because everybody else in the race is either comatose or completely inept. Rona Ambrose, as interim leader, is awful - with her performance as Opposition Leader not helped by the fact that she has to continue to ingratiate herself with everyone in the party in case they get elected leader and are in a position to give her a shadow government role.

Meanwhile the NDP have stuck Tom Mulcair in the back after a poor performance last election, leaving them with such a long drawn-out process to select a new leader (first round voting will be almost exactly a year from now) that Mulcair is left as a completely ineffectual lame duck in Parliament, neutering what would otherwise have been the NDP's best weapon to win back some of the seats they lost in 2015.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Unless the two opposition parties get their act together sometime soon, the next election here will be an extemely dull affair plodding forward to the inexorable re-election of Trudeau almost completely unopposed.
The world is going to hell regardless of who wins in America. The economy at the next election will make today's look good. And Trudeau will take much of the blame for that.

Add to that most of Europe going hard-nationalist thanks to Merkel, and I don't think Trudeau is going to have an easy time. He may be the last liberal 'leader' remaining in the West by that point.

And that's assuming the country isn't a radioactive wasteland after Clinton picks a fight with Putin.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 2:48 pm
Magnificently Withering

The world is going to hell regardless of who wins in America. The economy at the next election will make today's look good. And Trudeau will take much of the blame for that.

Add to that most of Europe going hard-nationalist thanks to Merkel, and I don't think Trudeau is going to have an easy time. He may be the last liberal 'leader' remaining in the West by that point.

And that's assuming the country isn't a radioactive wasteland after Clinton picks a fight with Putin.
Putin is posturing now - playing hardball over Syria, etc - largely so that he has something to concede to Trump if he wins. That way, Trump can show off his "negotiating skills," get some perceived YUUUUGE concession from Putin, and be even further in his pocket for the remainder of his term. Putin is many things, but stupid is not one of them: he patently doesn't care about the thousands of innocent people being killed, has obviously had his people study Trump's methods, and is setting out his opening gambit in true Art of the Deal style. The Donald has already been outplayed at his own game.

If Clinton wins, expect the Russian stance to soften considerably - they have much less to gain from a Democratic victory so are pushing hard to help secure a Trump presidency. Clinton won't "pick a fight with Putin" and I actually suspect Putin won't pick a fight with Clinton either.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 3:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Yet, just the other day, even Michael Moore was saying that Trump would win, unless the left get out and DO SOMETHING! Maybe it's just wishful thinking on his part.
There's no need for the left to do anything. Former supporters of Sanders will grudgingly vote for Clinton, Democrats will vote for Clinton. The election hinges on the sane Republican vote, people who supported Bush, McCain, Romney. I don't think they'll vote for Trump.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 3:51 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

The prospect of Donald Trump becoming the next US President seems to have spawned a new methodology in the field of political analysis and that's theory of wishful-thinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.