Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Any nice restaurants near saddledome?

Any nice restaurants near saddledome?

Old Aug 30th 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any nice restaurants near saddledome?

Hi

Are there any nice places near the saddledome?

Gryph
Old Aug 30th 2008, 4:08 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any nice restaurants near saddledome?

Originally Posted by gryphea
Hi

Gryph
There are restaurants in the Saddledome.

http://www.pengrowthsaddledome.com/restaurants.html

The HSBC Saddleroom is quite spiffy if you like beef.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hart50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Gryph
How much do you want to spend?
Old Aug 30th 2008, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
There are restaurants in the Saddledome.

http://www.pengrowthsaddledome.com/restaurants.html

The HSBC Saddleroom is quite spiffy if you like beef.

My OH is veggie!!!!! I know, wrong city!!!
Old Aug 30th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hart50
How much do you want to spend?
For a good meal we are willing to spend. We haven't been out on our own since we got to Calgary end Nov. This is our first night out and we are off to Oasis. It has to be somewhere reasonably quick though. My OH would like a choice (he is veggie) and when I eat out, I prefer it to be eating something I feel I couldn't have cooked at home (ie probably not chain)

Gryph
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:36 pm

jancal is an unknown quantity at this point

For a good meal we are willing to spend. We haven't been out on our own since we got to Calgary end Nov. This is our first night out and we are off to Oasis. It has to be somewhere reasonably quick though. My OH would like a choice (he is veggie) and when I eat out, I prefer it to be eating something I feel I couldn't have cooked at home (ie probably not chain)

Gryph
There are lots of great restaurants downtown. Catch, Teatro, Centini, Milstones, Saltlik, Divinos (not sure of spelling there). My personal favourite is Catch and if you tell them that you are going to the show they will get your meal in superquick time. Not so sure though there on the veggie options, maybe Saltlik or Milestones might be better. Word of warning though, the downtown restaurants get really busy on Saturday nights.

Enjoy the show and your meal.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:45 pm

jancal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jancal
There are lots of great restaurants downtown. Catch, Teatro, Centini, Milstones, Saltlik, Divinos (not sure of spelling there). My personal favourite is Catch and if you tell them that you are going to the show they will get your meal in superquick time. Not so sure though there on the veggie options, maybe Saltlik or Milestones might be better. Word of warning though, the downtown restaurants get really busy on Saturday nights.

Enjoy the show and your meal.
PS - just in case but you probably know that you can hop on the C-train to the Saddledome from Downtown. Just a couple of stops.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:09 pm
Banned

pamplemousse is just really nicepamplemousse is just really nicepamplemousse is just really nicepamplemousse is just really nicepamplemousse is just really nicepamplemousse is just really nicepamplemousse is just really nicepamplemousse is just really nice

Not sure if this is close enough for you but....

I often ate at Aida's Bistro on 4th Street at about 22nd Ave SW (the Restaurant Row/'4th Street' area). It's a cute, friendly place... not really swanky/posh. They have very good Mediterranean food with a lot of veggie selections, good service and clean loos.