Old Jun 12th 2010, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any "lucy Jordan" type regrets?

.........At the age of 37
she realized she'd never ride
through Paris in a sports car
with the warm wind in her hair.........

I wish we'd got ourselves organised enough before we left for these parts and visited Northern Italy; Venice, Florence, Sienna. The problem was that once I started thinking of places to visit there were too many and in the end we just did a Eurostar trip to Paris. -Flederman had never been. After all there are many places to visit over here so you just replace one set of destinations with another. Or do you?

Where do you wish you had visited and think you never will, or what would you like to have done but can't see it happening?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 1:54 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any "lucy Jordan" type regrets?

Originally Posted by fledermaus

I wish we'd got ourselves organised enough before we left for these parts and visited Northern Italy; Venice, Florence, Sienna. The problem was that once I started thinking of places to visit there were too many and in the end we just did a Eurostar trip to Paris. -Flederman had never been. After all there are many places to visit over here so you just replace one set of destinations with another. Or do you?

Where do you wish you had visited and think you never will, or what would you like to have done but can't see it happening?
That's what TV is for.... just get HD and it probably looks nicer than being there, and you don't have to mix with those nasty foreigners.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 2:51 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Actually this was brought home to me the other day when the hubby and his fam were planning a big ol trip to the UK with me as their tour guide.

I thought "shit - I haven't really been anywhere that I should have to have any idea" Stonehenge, Tower of London, Black Country Museum etc etc etc and all the other touristy places that you really just take for granted.

So my regrets are that I never visited what was on my doorstep all along - though I will be fortunate enought to do it in the next few years with all of my Canadian relations. That will make it kinda special
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:20 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes wish I done more hiking in the mountains.

They are still close at hand but I can only look or attempt the easiest of trails, very frustrating.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:58 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

on a similar kind of theme - i wish i had taken a year out before going to university - i was only 17 and looking back, too young.

i would have worked for 6 months, then travelled for 6 months.

the new dream however, is me, hubby and the dogs, and a road trip across canada!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 5:30 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to see Stonehedge before leaving but my husband says just look at the pictures of it on a website it's just a load of stones in a circle

What else, Legoland maybe. To be honest we have done quite alot in the UK.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 6:22 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
I wanted to see Stonehedge before leaving but my husband says just look at the pictures of it on a website it's just a load of stones in a circle

What else, Legoland maybe. To be honest we have done quite alot in the UK.
Cassie, I agree with your husband - unless you are actually going within a stones throw() of the place then it's not really worth it - mind you I can say that as I have seen the place numerous times.

I wish I'd actually been 'Up North' a few more times and visited Scotland and Ireland, pretty much done a lot of the South of England. Maybe we should have 'done' a bit more Europe rather than jetting off to Florida.

The BIG ones for me to do are still the Galapagos/Ecuador, Alaska and maybe Egypt? I am looking forward to visiting Utah and some other States, really want to visit the Yukon and Northwest Territories also want to visit the Eastern Provinces so I suppose some of my destinations have been replaced by newer not previously thought of ideas.

I too wish I had taken a year out to travel, it's something I will encourage my daughter to do, she's already talking about doing a Semester in Japan though.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

kamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud of

I must be very Lucky as I have done most of the world and most of the true wonders of the world are stateside, The biggest dissapointment was Egypt and the best was staying over night and watching the sun come up on The Bonnieville saltflats north west Utah or Zion Canyon souther Utah, or maybe paddling along side J pod of Orca on Vancouver Island, but then paris while the tour in coming threw, or Milan for shoe shopping or Cannes while the film festival is on.........................even better the Edinburgh festival ,,,, now thats a place to visit, or here in Dunoon Argyll 27/28th August for the Highland gathering 30,000 people and 200 Pipe band with the saturday evening march down the high street 1000+ pipes and drums,
Old Jun 13th 2010, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Vegas was on my list since I was a youngster but i managed to cross that off my list last year
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

As a child, I dreamed of seeing Epping and Ongar. One day yet, inshallah.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

I dreamed of visiting the 'North Shore' or 'Oakville' before they became overtaken by expats in search of brown sauce.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to go see Giant's Causeway. With luck I"ll get a chance this autumn!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Italy for me too, the Amalfi coast. The Pyramids, Barcelona to see the Gaudi buildings, oh and the Last night of the Proms.
Had all of Europe on my doorstep but kept flying across the Atlantic for holidays!!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
As a child, I dreamed of seeing Epping and Ongar. One day yet, inshallah.
Then you will be jealous of Flederman as he will be at Epping tube station on Thursday. He knows how to live the high life.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:17 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Then you will be jealous of Flederman as he will be at Epping tube station on Thursday. He knows how to live the high life.
Not at Ongar though, that part of the tube was closed. It's since been reopened by hobbyists, presumably other people who's Mecca was the Hainault Loop (and I think I lead a spoddish geeky sort of life!), but only offers an excursion service on Sundays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.