Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Any agony aunts out there?

Any agony aunts out there?

Old May 8th 2007, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

walker will become famous soon enoughwalker will become famous soon enough
Default Any agony aunts out there?

Maybe there should be a problem page for expats. A few words of advice for those who are sick and therefore unable to defend themselves with adequate sarcastic remarks. For people who have generally had a shitty day and can't reach anyone else to complain to. Is this personal?? Of course not. I'm just saying.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any agony aunts out there?

Originally Posted by walker
Maybe there should be a problem page for expats. A few words of advice for those who are sick and therefore unable to defend themselves with adequate sarcastic remarks. For people who have generally had a shitty day and can't reach anyone else to complain to. Is this personal?? Of course not. I'm just saying.
Call me uncle steve.
What is your problem my child?

Would you like to run perhaps?
Old May 8th 2007, 8:13 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve666
Call me uncle steve.

Would you like to run perhaps?
Hey unca Steve, this be grampa Steve.

You may run my child, just remember no scissors.

Last edited by Steve_P; May 8th 2007 at 8:20 pm.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Well someone replied! I'm just waiting for my friend in England to figure out MSN. It's taking a while. Feeling a bit more mellow now. So do you think sarcasm is a typically english trait? Do Canadians view us as "Snobs"? Do you think the "English" are less reticent to talk to strangers about every little thing? Do we come off as "aloof"?
Old May 8th 2007, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

What is the canadian opinion of the english?
Old May 8th 2007, 8:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Well someone replied! I'm just waiting for my friend in England to figure out MSN. It's taking a while. Feeling a bit more mellow now. So do you think sarcasm is a typically english trait?
Yes.

Do Canadians view us as "Snobs"?
Does one really care?

Do you think the "English" are less reticent to talk to strangers about every little thing? Do we come off as "aloof"?
Superior rather than aloof. It can't be helped, of course.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Exactly!!
Old May 8th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Hey unca Steve, this be grampa Steve.

You may run my child, just remember no scissors.
Ah yes grampa, running with scissors is most inappropriate, particularly by members of the fair sex. They may hurt their delicate bits.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbd33

Superior rather than aloof. It can't be helped, of course.
We British are, of course, superior by design.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:26 pm

Ah yes grampa, running with scissors is most inappropriate, particularly by members of the fair sex. They may hurt their delicate bits.
It's also a tad dangerous for the not so fair sex.

Trip and fall and they could remove the dangly bits.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

So tell me Agony aunts and Uncles.. When someone yells at you in front of full cafe that you are a...and let me get this right...oh yes "A snobby English ....." What is the best course of action? Please take into account that I was being still trying to recover from being completely sick and like I said the dry wit and sarcastic diatribe escaped me. Does one a) think oh I'm snobby. Me mam will be so proud...she always said I'd amount to something.. B} write a nasty letter...or e-mail..or c) waters of a ducks back.. I'm canadian now and mellow.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve_P
It's also a tad dangerous for the not so fair sex.

Trip and fall and they could remove the dangly bits.
My dangly bits no longer dangle, nor do they dingle or dongle, they tingle sometimes but that's another story.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

So tell me Agony aunts and Uncles.. When someone yells at you in front of full cafe that you are a...and let me get this right...oh yes "A snobby English ....." What is the best course of action? Please take into account that I was being still trying to recover from being completely sick and like I said the dry wit and sarcastic diatribe escaped me. Does one a) think oh I'm snobby. Me mam will be so proud...she always said I'd amount to something.. B} write a nasty letter...or e-mail..or c) waters of a ducks back.. I'm canadian now and mellow.

One should ignore the shouter. Treat such people as if they were street furniture. That's how I deal with the myriad beggars in Toronto.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

So tell me Agony aunts and Uncles.. When someone yells at you in front of full cafe that you are a...and let me get this right...oh yes "A snobby English ....."
What did you do/say to have received such an outburst?
Old May 8th 2007, 8:40 pm

We British are, of course, superior by design.

Bwahaaaahhhaaaaaa.

This from a guy who says.
My dangly bits no longer dangle, nor do they dingle or dongle, they tingle sometimes but that's another story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.