British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Annual Christmas Awards - Polls - Voting List (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/annual-christmas-awards-polls-voting-list-888972/)

JamesM Dec 19th 2016 5:07 am

Re: Annual Christmas Awards - Polls - Voting List

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12132163)
Oooo yes. Jingsamitchy

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 12132154)

My all time "missed/funny/person I would have a bar room blitz with" has to be Jingsamacity...but he wasn't on the list, because I didn't vote:(

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12132374)

Oh bum. My trouble is I can never think of people to nominate, and then I always kick myself when somebody else suggests someone - Jings being a prime example, he was fantastic and much missed.

Last I heard he was holed up in his private prison in Colombia after getting some heat for his recreational drug business.

Mmmmmm....no wait I think that was something I saw on Netflix.......

Danny B Dec 19th 2016 5:51 am

I often wonder where Steve666 went. I think he had an argument with Novo and then was never seen again. Shame.

Tangram Dec 19th 2016 5:59 am

First year I made a list I think.....so proud

beckiwoo Dec 19th 2016 7:38 am

I knew I'd get nominated for the 'knickers in a twist' catagory but please, there are worse people then me right now.

I've toned it down slightly unless our Americans friends haven't forgotten the ESTA thread I started?

Stinkypup Dec 19th 2016 7:39 am

Originally Posted by beckiwoo (Post 12132681)
I knew I'd get nominated for the 'knickers in a twist' catagory but please, there are worse people then me right now.

I've toned it down slightly unless our Americans friends haven't forgotten the ESTA thread I started?

:rofl: :rofl: Go on, name some ;)

You know we love you Becks, you are doing spectacularly well in the poll :thumbup:

beckiwoo Dec 19th 2016 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Stinkypup (Post 12132683)
:rofl: :rofl: Go on, name some ;)

You know we love you Becks, you are doing spectacularly well in the poll :thumbup:

I'm sure by naming people it will just increase the amount of votes even more ;)

Oh well, at least I'm infamous rather then an unknown :)

Stinkypup Dec 19th 2016 8:02 am

Originally Posted by beckiwoo (Post 12132690)
I'm sure by naming people it will just increase the amount of votes even more ;)

Yep, I hadnt thought of that. You are a celebrity who people would quite happily want to go drinking with, bed and gets her knickers in a twist- in whatever order you choose..:eek:. Fame at last :lol:

Oink Dec 19th 2016 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Stinkypup (Post 12132542)
I wouldn't take it to heart Dorothy, I was initially thought to be helpful by some kind soul but then they changed their mind...and no as far as I know, it wasn't Snoop :lol: So I'm no damn help but can derail a thread a treat. .. Oh well ....I suppose there are worse threads to do passably well in. Rumour has it that the votes for wanting to meet me were actually to meet Stinky, the bloody dog! :lol:

That was my nomination and it wasn't included. :frown:

Stinkypup Dec 19th 2016 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 12132731)

I thought that it might be you ...:thumbup: I might start acting as his agent .... He would be a lot more wobbly at the beginning of a pub crawl with you than you probably are at the end :cool:

Siouxie Dec 19th 2016 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 12132731)

Sorry Oink - if we'd had a category for 'pet you'd most like to meet' I would have put it down for sure!

Thinking... hmmm... maybe quick fire poll, get your nominations in! :D

Novocastrian Dec 19th 2016 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 12132624)
I often wonder where Steve666 went. I think he had an argument with Novo and then was never seen again. Shame.

No, I never argued with him. He just went off to shack up with HWP. Soon after they both disappeared.

Draw you own conclusions.

JamesM Dec 21st 2016 2:34 am

Originally Posted by beckiwoo (Post 12132690)

I have no idea what the 'Knickers in a twist" thing means.

It's the only one I've not voted in.

Good luck with it though. If you need a vote to get you over the line give me a knock!

Souvy Dec 21st 2016 2:45 am

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12133947)
I have no idea what the 'Knickers in a twist" thing means.

It's the only one I've not voted in.

Good luck with it though. If you need a vote to get you over the line give me a knock!

You really have no idea what it means? Try challenging a point of view (particularly from a newbie). You'll find out quickly what the phrase means!

DandNHill Dec 21st 2016 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12132119)
Give it a rest you lot.

Siouxie has done a good job.

Perhaps one of you can run it next year rather than offer wise cracks. :sneaky::thumbdown:

Omg I meant no harm. It's the first year I have voted. Never even thought about nominating anybody myself.

No wonder I've never been nominated for anything nice (not at all in fact) if I'm expressing myself in a way that comes across as critical.

Sorry 😩

Siouxie Dec 21st 2016 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by DandNHill (Post 12134497)
Omg I meant no harm. It's the first year I have voted. Never even thought about nominating anybody myself.

No wonder I've never been nominated for anything nice (not at all in fact) if I'm expressing myself in a way that comes across as critical.

Sorry � ����

No harm done :)

Honestly, it's no big deal - these are supposed to be a bit of fun at the end of the year, nothing serious! ;)

Do you have a pet? Perhaps you could add a photo of them to the 'Pet I'd love to meet' thread? It's open until tomorrow evening... I'll be putting up a 'bit of fun' poll either late Thursday night or Friday.

:)

Edited to add, keep an eye open for 'the Lounge' polls too!