Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

Old Oct 11th 2011, 5:13 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

Originally Posted by Gremmie
So your kisd are only in front of you if you ride against the flow??? you could try riding with the flow with the kids in frony, thats not against the law
Then I cant see them and the approaching traffic at the same time, which is the whole point after all.

and no, a bike or helmet mounted mirror doesnt cut it as a solution.

As long as the kids cant be trusted to have the control and inclination to tuck in to the edge of the road while riding I will insist that they ride facing the traffic so that they can see it coming and stop and wait for it to pass if necessary. Whether thats legal or not is a moot point, if there were any cops around to enforce it maybe they would do something about the cars that tear through our 50khm limit area at 80-100, then perhaps I would not be so nervous about the kids being out on their bikes in the first place.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AishaA
How prevalent is drinking and driving here in Canada. Is the general attitude one of live and let live or zero-tolerance?
My experience of the last 12 months it seems quite prevalent and not as socially unacceptable as the UK eg people seem to openly admit to doing it where as in the UK i found people didn't admit to doing it as openly as here even though they were.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 4:31 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Oh...the ones that see you trying to merge from a shopping driveway of off ramp, and then speed up to block you