Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

Old Oct 8th 2011, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future
Default Re: Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

squashed porcupines - is there another kind?

roundabouts - OMG they are so scary and bizzarely only seem to occur in residential areas in Calgary!

indicating after you turn a corner

(but we love the snow clearing in winter if that counts?!)

Happy Thanksgiving all
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:05 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
So tomorrow it is then, at 8pm?
absolutely
Old Oct 8th 2011, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
ooooh how I love your sense of humour you educated hottie you
It's a revolution. They're all at it now ...I'm going to find someone to flirt with too.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 3:49 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Back on topic

Unsunk traffic lights.

You get a green, drive to next intersection and it switches to red then remains red for what feels like 2 hours. And so on. Mainly when im in a hurry at 5am. Dohhh!!

Thank (insert your God here) for right turn, U turn, right turn...lol
Old Oct 8th 2011, 3:58 pm
Marmite Lover

AishaA will become famous soon enoughAishaA will become famous soon enough

Oh c'mon everyone! Apart from the obvious... other drivers, it's gotta be that everyone drives on the wrong side of the road!!!
Seriously though, I am getting used to it, UNTIL someone decides to cycle down the wrong side of a quiet road and I suddenly become engulfed in confusion - am I wrong or are thery?? It's a very scary couple of seconds!
Old Oct 8th 2011, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Back on topic

Unsunk traffic lights.

You get a green, drive to next intersection and it switches to red then remains red for what feels like 2 hours. And so on. Mainly when im in a hurry at 5am. Dohhh!!

Thank (insert your God here) for right turn, U turn, right turn...lol
Unsunk??
Old Oct 8th 2011, 4:00 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bgroe
Unsunk??
I think he means unsynchronized.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 5:47 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AishaA
Oh c'mon everyone! Apart from the obvious... other drivers, it's gotta be that everyone drives on the wrong side of the road!!!
You should consider that the majority of the world's countries drive on what you call the "wrong side of the road".
Old Oct 8th 2011, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

trevorandjo york is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blue monday
Twice the length from one end to the middle.
Except when they have been tied together.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Alien spaceships who swoop down out of nowhere and suck you up in a beam of light and then perform dirty experiments on your privates.
the NCO's and Officers are allowed to watch tho'
Old Oct 8th 2011, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Morons that continue to use their mobile phones, whilst using the other hand to steer the wheel or play with themselves

Oh.....non sport cars with racing stripes on them *rolleyes*
Next car I buy will be new
Old Oct 8th 2011, 6:06 pm
Marmite Lover

AishaA will become famous soon enoughAishaA will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
You should consider that the majority of the world's countries drive on what you call the "wrong side of the road".
I have considered this, and it is an unfortunate state of affairs. I do what I can to save those poor souls, but it is an uphill battle...
Old Oct 8th 2011, 6:15 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

People behind me driving too quickly, and people in front of me driving too slowly.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 6:26 pm
Account Closed

Perhaps the Mrs sitting next to you? Or, the wife driving...
Old Oct 8th 2011, 6:44 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york
Next car I buy will be new
Have you run it by Jo yet.....am guessing she is the officer here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.