Android Smart TV

Old Nov 17th 2014, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

BexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Android Smart TV

Originally Posted by magnumpi
He already has some of the boxes set up. He did say he usually add $20 to fill up the box with extra stuff, but he didn't charge me for that when we purchased ours.

Yes some channels may not work as they could be ones that need a seed, similar to limewire, that happens but then we select a new channel, mostly when selecting new movies.

It realy is plug n play, even get a HDMI cable in the box. But no batteries for remote :@(
Does it show a list of BBC iplayer, itv iplayer, etc though so you know what you're clicking on? I only ask as back home we used to watch a show through xmbc on our computer and my husband used to navigate around it. It all looked a bit confusing to me and I don't want to have to rely on him to find me eastenders!

I don't suppose the guy you dealt with was called Malik was he?

Thanks for your help. I am so completely lost with all of this, and the more I read up on it, the more confused I get!
Old Nov 17th 2014, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

BexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BexM
Does it show a list of BBC iplayer, itv iplayer, etc though so you know what you're clicking on? I only ask as back home we used to watch a show through xmbc on our computer and my husband used to navigate around it. It all looked a bit confusing to me and I don't want to have to rely on him to find me eastenders!

I don't suppose the guy you dealt with was called Malik was he?

Thanks for your help. I am so completely lost with all of this, and the more I read up on it, the more confused I get!
Oh, and did you get the wireless keyboard with it?!
Old Nov 17th 2014, 7:26 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure his name but does sound right

My OH can do it, she is not tech savy at all, takes a while to know we're stuff is, it's not BBC iplayer it's the Film on app, realy easy !!

Select sport devil

Click on live TV

Then live UK TV then it gives a list from BBC1 ect, all the way to DAVE channel
Attached Thumbnails Android Smart TV-image.jpg  

Last edited by magnumpi; Nov 17th 2014 at 7:30 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Not sure his name but does sound right

My OH can do it, she is not tech savy at all, takes a while to know we're stuff is, it's not BBC iplayer it's the Film on app, realy easy !!

Select sport devil

Click on live TV

Then live UK TV then it gives a list from BBC1 ect, all the way to DAVE channel
Ok brilliant. Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 7:48 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BexM
Oh, and did you get the wireless keyboard with it?!
No that was eXtra, the remote is ok that comes with it. We use both lol
Old Nov 17th 2014, 9:39 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Is this any good as a replacement for cable TV though- rather than a source ofr British/ Intl TV?
Old Nov 17th 2014, 10:27 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

The OP is obviously quite happy with the product, although he says that he still runs the Rogers cable service side-by-side.

As a sceptic & retired Electrical Engineer, I always have this 'show me' sense that nags me till I'm convinced.

Magical Android Smart TV Box MX2 | ILOVEXBMC

I will make a visit to the same store the OP bought the product, will look at it from 'does it totally replace my cable service'!

What I have read is that the basis for the available channels is 'Filmon' which I can watch on my computer right now. I also know that Canadian TV channel content on Filmon is limited.

I also know accessing Filmon through the box is really no different than through my direct link to filmon or just for UK TV to Camposat.Tv on my computer

If the OP is happy, then that is all that matters too him.

For me I know I will need unlimited GB & speed from an ISP provider to watch UK shows from Filmon or through the Android box. UK TV is not my only viewing, its nice, but not that important.

Whether the Android box can supply the major Canadian TV stations, CNN, Discovery, HGTV, AMC, TVO, Canadian sports channels, its a wait & see from my visit to the store.

It would be nice if the OP could provide a list of all the Canadian & American TV channels that the box provides, that he can actually watch without extra cost or pay per view?

For now, give me a couple of weeks & I'll report back
Old Nov 17th 2014, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

No that was eXtra, the remote is ok that comes with it. We use both lol
Ok. We might just stick with the remote it comes with and see how we get on. Thank!
Old Nov 17th 2014, 10:44 pm

@N2O
The stuff I like, when I get chance to watch is:

Live Footie
Some UK TV (but not as important)
Movies new and old
Discovery and history channels "Canadian"
News UK & Can
Live Hockey
MLS
F1

When I get time I will post some picks of channel pages, the guy at the shop was ok tho he will show u thru everything.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 3:07 am

One page of channels on one feed
Old Nov 18th 2014, 3:12 am

Few more, it does take a bit more effort than regular TV, as the programs have to be found
Old Nov 18th 2014, 3:21 am

Few more
Old Nov 18th 2014, 3:25 am

Old Nov 18th 2014, 8:45 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

magnumpi @ post 39, 40, 41 & 42 ... thanks for taking the time to look & post

I'll be at the shop by the end of the week
Old Nov 18th 2014, 10:08 am
Dichotomus tinker

gets interesting & I think having the side 'Magical Android box' at a low cost investment connected directly to the TV with its own remote is better than doing it through the computer.

Although access to 'Filmon' specific country channels is still available to watch on my laptop. From the link page, top left 'select channels'. Its a bit messy (but its free) there are literally tens of many. I just watched the food network live on my computer with no issues

Filmon USA Live TV FILMON TV FREE LIVE TV MOVIES AND SOCIAL TELEVISION

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.