Android Smart TV

Old Nov 12th 2014, 1:47 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Android Smart TV

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I called and negotiations took place
right then

You posted 365GB/mth which is not shown on the BELL website?

So, before I call Bell & sound like a daft sod, can you check & confirm that the 365GB is the service that you have?
Old Nov 12th 2014, 1:57 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Lol Yeh I will, I may have rounded it off, let me go on My Bell and look

I'm back

I got it wrong, I must have looked at the amount left after a few days use, I have 375GB a month.
Attached Thumbnails Android Smart TV-image.jpg  

Last edited by magnumpi; Nov 12th 2014 at 2:12 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 9:50 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

What's the magic box like for kids programmes? Thats' the only reason I'll need a TV...
Old Nov 15th 2014, 3:43 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Disney channels, all what BBC ITV and ch4 have to offer and Cbee bees, or whatever. Plus all the kids movies, planes 1-2 ect
Old Nov 16th 2014, 10:47 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Disney channels, all what BBC ITV and ch4 have to offer and Cbee bees, or whatever. Plus all the kids movies, planes 1-2 ect
I figure you've been using this box on a serious basis for over a week, so could you please do a short report for us?

- Quality of signal feed, selectivity & are there any channels you dont get that you had on Rogers?

- does the thing ever freeze frame (signal locks up)?

- what about interruptions, commercials, messages etc when you're watching programs using the box?

- For a full family schedule viewing all watching (not filling in with Rogers) how many GB are you using per week?

thanks
Old Nov 17th 2014, 2:15 am

I
Originally Posted by not2old
I figure you've been using this box on a serious basis for over a week, so could you please do a short report for us?

- Quality of signal feed, selectivity & are there any channels you dont get that you had on Rogers?

Signal is as good as ur wifi.
+ Not looking for Rogers channels, I still have Rogers on the TV in the Basement, not got rid of it yet. Most channels are there tho.

- does the thing ever freeze frame (signal locks up)?

Just to put things in perspective not2old, last week I went for dinner, had a few beers, cost was $80, the Android box is around $100. Not the biggest outlay really, just give it a try, even if u only use it to watch all the current movies or just some UK TV and get the basic Rogers channels to run along side then it be worth it IMO.

Yeh, couple of times, tonight while watching Carl Fogerty on I'm a celeb. Just buffering I think. Was ok later tonight when Mrs watched the Mrs Brown Boys Movie. Yesterday's England game on ITV was perfect, plus English commentary:@)

- what about interruptions, commercials, messages etc when you're watching programs using the box?

Can't get away from adverts on ITV or ch4, no other messages it's not like a laptop it's programs only

- For a full family schedule viewing all watching (not filling in with Rogers) how many GB are you using per week?

I duno, it's not on all day and the boy is a big gamer too so not checked yet, will know better end of the month

thanks

Last edited by magnumpi; Nov 17th 2014 at 3:05 am.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Try Filmon.com
Use it all the time here in Philippines. Get all UK channels plus about 500 others. doesn't stutter and we only have a 6Mb feed. Nice thing is you can download recorded programmes to play back at leisure, just like our old Tivo box back in UK.
Other half uses it for her daily dose of emmerdale - and not at 3.00am local time!
Old Nov 17th 2014, 4:07 am

Film on is one of the channels on the Android Box, 1 of many channels. Works well and a nice link above so Not2 old can try it.

BTW I have just downloaded the Filmon app :@) on my iPhone. Works great !!
Old Nov 17th 2014, 9:57 am
Dichotomus tinker

magnumpi @ post 21... thanks for the update which appears you are on the way to saving some serious money

When you finally dump Rogers cable forever, will you go out & purchase a couple more Android TX boxes for the second & third TV, then upscale your Bell internet service to 'unlimited' at an additional cost (of whatever) to also continue to have to keep calling Bell every 6, 12, 18 months to (beg) negotiate to keep on giving you a discount or switch ISP to someone else?
Old Nov 17th 2014, 10:12 am
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by quiltman
Try Filmon.com
Use it all the time here in Philippines. Get all UK channels plus about 500 others. doesn't stutter and we only have a 6Mb feed. Nice thing is you can download recorded programmes to play back at leisure!
On 'filmon' have you used the 'subscription' service they offer?

FILMON TV FREE LIVE TV MOVIES AND SOCIAL TELEVISION

Last edited by not2old; Nov 17th 2014 at 10:26 am.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 11:29 am

magnumpi @ post 21... thanks for the update which appears you are on the way to saving some serious money

When you finally dump Rogers cable forever, will you go out & purchase a couple more Android TX boxes for the second & third TV, then upscale your Bell internet service to 'unlimited' at an additional cost (of whatever) to also continue to have to keep calling Bell every 6, 12, 18 months to (beg) negotiate to keep on giving you a discount or switch ISP to someone else?
My usage amount is fixed as it is is as far as I know. I may go unlimited tho in the near future?

No i don't use any subscription channels

I think u are overthinking this N2O, I get things because I like things, $$ isn't the first issue for me, as long as I don't get killed on extra GB usage !!!
I purchased the box on a whim and glad I did now. I think I rather use a $100 box than screw up my lap top with all the crap that comes thru with using online TV channels.

Last edited by magnumpi; Nov 17th 2014 at 11:38 am.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Android Smart TV

On 'filmon' have you used the 'subscription' service they offer?

FILMON TV FREE LIVE TV MOVIES AND SOCIAL TELEVISION
No, just use the 10hours you get for registering. Once i've downloaded a programme, i delete it from Filmon and use the time to record something else.
Note: the free service is medium definition but by a quirk, if you download the programme, rather than streaming it, it downloads in higher definition. I rarely watch a stream but download everything to watch at our convenience. tonight for example, we've watched Sundays "Strictly come dancing results" and my wife will catch up on "Children in Need' later. For us here it's fine as trying to stream iPlayer can be a beggar at times.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

BexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of light

Got us a Magical Box Android Smart TV box last week, had a week to try it and looks like Rogers TV is guna be history in our house

New and old Movies, footy, live BBC 1-2-3, ITV, Ch4, Sky sport 1-2-3 etc, new and old series it's very good. (Yeh i knows u can get all this on a computer but) so easy all at the touch of a button, or 3.

Price? $110 all set up fully loaded with channels
Hi again,

Following on from our postings last week, I have spoken with the store about potentially getting this box shipped to us. Before I say 'ok' though, I just wanted to check something with you if that's ok?

They chap I spoke to was saying that even though all the add-ons are installed, there are literally thousands of links to websites that will show the channels, some of which work and some of which won't work,mans that we will need to check them all and decide which ones we want to watch.

Does that sound about right? If that's the way it needs to be done then that's fine, we can do that, but I just wanted to check as the way I had understood it from your posts was that you could click in something which would take you to each of the individual channels?

Thanks in advance!

Rebecca
Old Nov 17th 2014, 5:06 pm
Dichotomus tinker

to add to post 28

From your very first couple of posts ....if you could please incorporate in your answer to BexM....

When you were at that shop 'what specifically did you get them to do to program' into the box for you to receive TV channels (plug & play) using the simple remote control?

Any help or advice would be appreciated for folks going into the store or speaking with them on the phone?

Last edited by not2old; Nov 17th 2014 at 5:34 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 7:10 pm

He already has some of the boxes set up. He did say he usually add $20 to fill up the box with extra stuff, but he didn't charge me for that when we purchased ours.

Yes some channels may not work as they could be ones that need a seed, similar to limewire, that happens but then we select a new channel, mostly when selecting new movies.

It realy is plug n play, even get a HDMI cable in the box. But no batteries for remote :@(

Last edited by magnumpi; Nov 17th 2014 at 7:12 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.