Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Am I wrong, or does Tim Horton's suck?

Am I wrong, or does Tim Horton's suck?

Old Jun 11th 2008, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Am I wrong, or does Tim Horton's suck?

Originally Posted by Gcauseway
Timmies may not be perfect but every time I head back to the UK I have to take tins of coffee, fresh timbits and travel mugs for the relatives. Sadly, upon arriving I am barely given a hug n kiss . It`s all about the timbits and making some coffee. Oh and if you think that`s sad ... I have a cousin who travelled 2.5 hrs on the train from Belfast to Dublin because Spar have a Tim Hortons counter and she fancied a boston cream donut
I have never seen what is special about them but then I am not into all the cakes or sweet drinks so I just see them a place to get caffeine. Could be Tim Hortons, Second Cup, Starbucks or anywhere else that servers hot brown liquid that has a chance of keeping my eyes open.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 12:59 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Since it got taken over and stopped serving blueberry bagels, yes. Timmy's does suck.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 1:10 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

i arrived and overdosed. consequently left it alone for a bit.
now returned, 2nd cup bit harsh, starbucks too expensive, timmies ok and good prices, just don't expect too much.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 2:25 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

I find their coffee too bitter but love the french vanilla and a honey dip donut.

I usually do a drive in on my way out of the city in the winter so I can keep my hands warm on the way home.

They seem to me to be one of the most popular meeting places in Regina, either full of oldies on a week night, workmen at lunch time and youngsters on the weekend.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

If you're in Calgary and love great coffee, try Phil and Sebastian at the Calgary Farmer's Market.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 3:49 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

When I lived out of the country didn't miss Tim's one bit.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

yeah its around the corner from me but i don't see the fuss personally.

no donut tastes as good as weighing 32.5 pound less feels.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:46 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gcauseway
I have a cousin who travelled 2.5 hrs on the train from Belfast to Dublin because Spar have a Tim Hortons counter and she fancied a boston cream donut
Er. Next time she could just rock on down to the GVS spar.....tidy little Tim's franchise right there in Belfast. Who would have thought it?! Unless she really wanted the trip to Dublin.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've been here too long. Used to go a lot when we first arrived, then couldn't see the point for a couple of years. But recently, I find myself at the drivethru on my way home picking up a large decaf (cos it is way better than the crappy stuff I make at home) and a honey crueller (cos they have crack cocaine in them ).

I remember when I first arrived I used to mutter 'I can't see the point of a drivethru' and 'why do you buy coffee when it's cheaper to make it at home'. Now that's me
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:55 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.
Stercus accidit
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:57 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madmac
Stercus accidit

From an uneducated Scouse git can we go back to English please.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:58 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
From an uneducated Scouse git can we go back to English please.
No problemus
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:02 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madmac
No problemus
Perhaps I should remove the smug bit from under my name I just feel old and confused now.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:07 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Perhaps I should remove the smug bit from under my name I just feel old and confused now.
never too old Steve, just use google, his latin retort was "shit happens"
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:28 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dthomas
I just finished a Tim Horton’s medium Ice Cappuccino© and was sorely disappointed; I should stick to café-made ice caps. It then dawned on me, as I drizzled up the last artificially flavoured geometrically perfect ice-crystals, that the only thing that TH has going for it is the pleasant service. The coffee, doughnuts, muffins, et. al. are utter shite. Has anyone else had a similar revelation? The opening lyrics of Frank Zappa's Muffin Man also came to mind:

The muffin man is seated at the table in the laboratory of the utility muffin
Research kitchen... reaching for an oversized chrome spoon he gathers an
Intimate quantity of dried muffin remnants and brushing his scapular aside
Procceds to dump these inside of his shirt...
Timothy's for me, great strong coffee not water......or maybe it was just my local?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.