Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Am I the only that thinks Canadian supermarket food is crap?

Am I the only that thinks Canadian supermarket food is crap?

Old Aug 14th 2019, 11:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I the only that thinks Canadian supermarket food is crap?

Originally Posted by caretaker
Don't worry, it goes bad quick so unless you're on the coast or in the Arctic you won't run across it. Leonard, who was a carpenter foreman in Fort Mac said it was a common complaint from his crew that they "couldn't get no good seal meat out here".

“The flippers, you can kind of treat ’em like pork shoulder, they like long and slow cooking,” says Perrin. (On Top Chef Canada, the judges remarked that his braised seal flipper tasted a lot like pulled pork.) “The loins, kind of treat ’em like tenderloin or lamb loin. You can do a tartare or carpaccio, or roast ’em and serve ’em rare or medium rare.”
https://modernfarmer.com/2014/11/sea...ext-big-thing/
They can’t do anything with the head ‘cos they’ve smashed it in.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 11:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Up north they shoot them or spear them; it's the big conundrum carnivores and omnivores go through. Sometimes it seems the bigger and browner the eyes are, the better it is to eat.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 11:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Up north they shoot them or spear them; it's the big conundrum carnivores and omnivores go through. Sometimes it seems the bigger and browner the eyes are, the better it is to eat.
OMG.