Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

am i allowed to ask this question - where is dbd33?

am i allowed to ask this question - where is dbd33?

Old Feb 9th 2021, 12:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: am i allowed to ask this question - where is dbd33?

Originally Posted by dbd33
Barn 56, insulated ceiling 6, electrical work 4, groundwork 6, all plus tax. I expect there were some miscellaneous costs I've forgotten. Not expensive compared with cars and boats and other recreational stuff. The fence though, astronomically, gobsmackingly expensive and nearly all of it is material costs.. I now realize that a place I pass often has a new fence, which must have cost the price of a Series 1 1/2 E Type, just to keep in a couple of alpacas. That's ostentatious wealth, that is.

Sheffield, charmless, innit? Like Neasden or Milton Keynes, a place people are from but not one they go to.
I don’t know anything really about horses...I used to watch Mr Ed on TV every Friday night if that counts. But they look like fabulous stables and lovely horses. I’d say you and your horses did very well...very well indeed and who needs an E-Type anyway?

Hmmmm Sheffield. I left when I was 20, only been back a handful of times but it will always have a place in my heart.
Old Feb 9th 2021, 2:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Probably very true today, we got a lot more last night and he is a bit further north than me, so will likely be even worse.
Ducks? It was you with the runner ducks I thought altough it is dbd33 appearing that made me think of that.

I'm still lurking, thank you for asking. I was feeling a bit, er, regulated on this board and so gave it a rest. Real life has been reasonably busy and has filled in the gap.
Great to see you.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 4:35 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi DBD!
Old Mar 26th 2021, 6:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
Hi DBD!
'afternoon
Old Mar 26th 2021, 7:20 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely horse barn you have there! Little bit jealous :-)
Old Mar 26th 2021, 7:45 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Thank you. There's a lot to do. For a start the underground pipe filled with water and froze before the electrician came so the whole thing is powered by a big cable that goes out the window of the tack room. The ground froze with all the heavy equipment ruts in it so there's grading to do. And then, of course, there are the items that were deliberately left for spring, for a start everything needs staining.

Still, happy horses make a nice view in this era of working from home.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 7:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. There's a lot to do. For a start the underground pipe filled with water and froze before the electrician came so the whole thing is powered by a big cable that goes out the window of the tack room. The ground froze with all the heavy equipment ruts in it so there's grading to do. And then, of course, there are the items that were deliberately left for spring, for a start everything needs staining.

Still, happy horses make a nice view in this era of working from home.
How many horses do you have?
Old Mar 26th 2021, 8:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
How many horses do you have?
3, two former racehorses and a paint.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 8:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

3, two former racehorses and a paint.
Very nice. The stables look brilliant. We keep saying we will take a trip out your way. Last time was to collect daughter’s pup from a breeder 9 years ago.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 8:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Very nice. The stables look brilliant. We keep saying we will take a trip out your way. Last time was to collect daughter’s pup from a breeder 9 years ago.
Lots more pictures on facebook, horses, mud, dogs, mud, chickens, mud, etc. pm me if interested.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 8:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Is your horse at home or boarded?