Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Allergies - How are we doing this year ?

Wikiposts

Allergies - How are we doing this year ?

Old May 26th 2012, 4:41 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Allergies - How are we doing this year ?

I didnt really suffer in the UK but over here this time of the year hits me like a truck !

How are the rest of us? my throat is really constricted and dry today -and no I dont have a hang over!
Old May 26th 2012, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Allergies - How are we doing this year ?

Yep, my hay fever has really kicked since landing on Tuesday! I think it's all the parks around where I live x
Old May 26th 2012, 8:31 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lvh76
Yep, my hay fever has really kicked since landing on Tuesday! I think it's all the parks around where I live x
Where are you ?
Old May 26th 2012, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Where are you ?
Toronto
Old May 26th 2012, 9:39 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

yes it always hits me this time of the year, I get lazy - lethargic - stuffy headed. I think it's called mowinggrassalitus.

Funny - never used to bother me in the UK.
Old May 26th 2012, 3:36 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Mine are terrible this year, fed up to the back teeth of it!
Old May 26th 2012, 7:09 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I think it's called mowinggrassalitus.
I like that!
Old May 28th 2012, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

HSJones is an unknown quantity at this point

Hayfever has been rumbling in the back ground for the last few weeks, but really hit hard this weekend - running & itchy nose, itchy eyes, sneezing fits. Argh!

I keep hoping I'm growing out of it. It's nowhere near as bad as it was in my teens, but it stills persists in raising it's ugly little head every year! Thank god for aloe/balm tissues!
Old May 28th 2012, 5:18 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I didnt really suffer in the UK but over here this time of the year hits me like a truck !
I think its becasue your body was accustomed or grew used to the pollen types in the UK and many diffrent ones exist here, you may get used to some and others may forever provoke a reaction..
Old May 28th 2012, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

carrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud of

I must be one of the lucky ones, either that or I grew out of my allergies, I used to be allergic to grass, cats, dust and feathers, cats being the worst, in the uk but here im fine, I even sleep now on a feather pillow, my best friend has cats that stay in doors I think that helps. My poor hubby seems to have picked up some sort of allergy, every year when we switch the ac on or heat on he gets all stuffy and croaky.
Old May 28th 2012, 8:41 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Mines been bad for a couple of weeks, the Dr said its going to be a really bad year for it, so gave me lots of repeats on my meds.
Old May 28th 2012, 8:48 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carrieann
My poor hubby seems to have picked up some sort of allergy, every year when we switch the ac on or heat on he gets all stuffy and croaky.
Ill bet that's dust or mould spores, a good clean of your system may help?
Old May 28th 2012, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

carrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud of

Right I never thought of that, we do seem to get a lot of dust in the house, it is very dusty here where we live, maybe i'll get the duct work blown out and see if that helps him
Old May 28th 2012, 12:04 pm
Part Time Poster

Originally Posted by carrieann
Right I never thought of that, we do seem to get a lot of dust in the house, it is very dusty here where we live, maybe i'll get the duct work blown out and see if that helps him
Before you go paying for "duct cleaning" find out how many filters that's worth, it may be one good filter and run the fan for a while to scrub the air and dust out of your system..
Old May 29th 2012, 1:29 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I used to suffer loads in the UK. I was particularly susceptible to canola/rapeseed pollen, which was increasingly planted in great swathes. The first few years I was here I hardly had any symptoms.

This is the first year that I've really been suffering here. Various trees have dropped noticeably more pollen than usual (the lilac beside the deck in my backyard has been leaving a layer on the table) and the grass seems to have produced seed heads much closer to the ground than usual so does its polleny thing between lawnmowings. Must be something to do with the long run of hot dry weather hereabouts - the silver lining is that at least the season will be over earlier for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.