Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

all this way and.....

Wikiposts

all this way and.....

Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: all this way and.....

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
First, the serious bit. Commiserations on the demise of the cat.

I'm confused. Isn't Missy a female name, and wasn't it a male cat?
yes he was a male, but when he started to come around our house, my youngest was feeding him my best tuna and i didnt know, we had never had a cat and he had been done so we just presumed he was a girl, and the name stuck!! i miss him. theres some photos of him in my gallery. :-(
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
The Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author Unknown.
thanks that is very touching, i have never read that before. i shall treasure it, xx
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

We should have been taking our 3 babes over with us next month but yesterday my middle boy was killed by a car. I got a call from our vet who had scanned him. Another heartbroken owner had taken him to vets thinking he was hers.
We are devastated, heartbroken whatever. My heart is aching for my little mate.
We were advised not to collect him as it would have been upsetting to see him but now I wish I had just to make it final and not just hope he has gone on a long walk. We need to collect his ashes tomorrow and I think we will still take him with us.
I really feel your losses
Tina
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
We should have been taking our 3 babes over with us next month but yesterday my middle boy was killed by a car. I got a call from our vet who had scanned him. Another heartbroken owner had taken him to vets thinking he was hers.
We were advised not to collect him as it would have been upsetting to see him but now I wish I had just to make it final and not just hope he has gone on a long walk. We need to collect his ashes tomorrow and I think we will still take him with us.
Tina
Ohhh, soory to hear that. That's so sad.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:35 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by walkerv05
well we are here in Kingston Ontario, and working hard, loving every min, then life throws something at you that catches you so unprepared.
We came over in August last year with our beloved cat Missy, he was a real gentleman, no scratching, quiet, loving the new country we had brought him to, then we noticed a change. He became ill, and before we realised, it was too late. we found out on the thursday and had to say goodbye on the saturday, the vet said there was nothing we could do, god it was the hardest thing ive had to do.
He did so well on the hurrendous journey we had on the flight over here.
he was my brave little soldier, i shall really miss him, and he was only 4.
the canadian vets where very good and sympathetic, the bills where expensive, but needs must.
Not many cats can say that they where taken in as a stray and travelled over the atlantic to their new life, even though it was only for a short time
so sorry to hear about Missy, I know how much a pet touches your life
Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:36 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tina
so sorry to hear about your little one Tina
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

yes he was a male, but when he started to come around our house, my youngest was feeding him my best tuna and i didnt know, we had never had a cat and he had been done so we just presumed he was a girl, and the name stuck!! i miss him. theres some photos of him in my gallery. :-(
So sorry about your lovely chap, at least he new real love he was a pretty cat just had a look at your blog, our animals mean the world to us as well can';t imagine not having them around x

Tina
Poor you albertabound that is very sad, big hugs as well, xx
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. He was beautiful and so vocal. Now it is sooo quiet.
Thinking of you Walker. A friend of mine said that pet bereavement is every bit as hard as a relative or friend and yeah she is right.
Tina
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

well we are here in Kingston Ontario, and working hard, loving every min, then life throws something at you that catches you so unprepared.
We came over in August last year with our beloved cat Missy, he was a real gentleman, no scratching, quiet, loving the new country we had brought him to, then we noticed a change. He became ill, and before we realised, it was too late. we found out on the thursday and had to say goodbye on the saturday, the vet said there was nothing we could do, god it was the hardest thing ive had to do.
the canadian vets where very good and sympathetic, the bills where expensive, but needs must.
Not many cats can say that they where taken in as a stray and travelled over the atlantic to their new life, even though it was only for a short time
Sorry to hear this very sad news, I understand just how you are feeling at the moment - we lost our very handsome ginger cat 8 days before Christmas, he'd become very poorly & needed a blood transfusion, one of our other cats was the donor but sadly he died a couple of days later. Then 2nd Jan we had to have our gentle tabby put to to sleep who had become unwell New Years Eve, tests showed he had a tumour on the liver & there was nothing they could do - they were brothers form a rescue centre.

I thought our 3rd cat (the donor) my have packed his bags & left after this happening pleased to say he's happy & well.

It's so sad when we loose our pets but look back at the happy times & that while he was with you, you gave him a happy, loving & caring home.

Thinking of you

Last edited by Arris; Jan 29th 2009 at 10:42 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:30 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thats so sad!! We bought our cat over too and I know what you mean about the horrendous flight, they do so well coping with it! I would be devastated to loose him. Well done you guys for taking him in like that and giving him a fab life though, just a shame you had to loose him at such a young age!! Did they say what was wrong with him just out of interest??
Bella
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:35 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
The Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author Unknown.
Oh my god, that is so lovely!! I luckly still have my boy, but I had tears in my eyes reading that.
Bella
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellanova
Oh my god, that is so lovely!! I luckly still have my boy, but I had tears in my eyes reading that.
Bella
http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html