Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

At airport and terrified lol

At airport and terrified lol

Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At airport and terrified lol

Best wishes Tanah...pants reaction from your families...hopefully that will all mend in time...but for now, just concentrate on yourselves and have a fantastic time settling into your wonderful new life.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Anita100 is just really niceAnita100 is just really niceAnita100 is just really niceAnita100 is just really niceAnita100 is just really niceAnita100 is just really niceAnita100 is just really niceAnita100 is just really niceAnita100 is just really niceAnita100 is just really niceAnita100 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Julie_p
omg east yorkshire too we are in bridlington! we will all be looking out for each other where are you heading calgary too??
Yes,also Calgary. I think we need to take over the plane & get V.I.P treatment for the emmigration group who are taking over the plane.
We live in near Brough. My family are near Brid, we go there regularly
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Katie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tanah
Well, its 7.40am, hubby has gone to drop animals at the cargo centre and I'm sat in the hotel room waiting for him to come back so we can go check in at T1. To say im cr*pping myself is a slight understatement. yesterday was a blurr, shppers arrived and my house was emptied - most stuff went in but had to leave a fewbits behind - oh well!!

Goodbyes were AWFUL - its not been easy anyway as my mum and sister have been really stroppy with me for going - my Mum has been VERY upset about the whole thing and i really think she thought if she cried enough over the last few weeks I would change my mind. I have hardly seen her as she has been avoiding me like the plague and when I have seen here she has burst into tears - its been very hard. Myself and hubby have coped pretty much on our own, no help from either side of our family at all. ( not even little stuff on the last day like milk or help cleaning etc). yesterday I felt like the worst person on earth and it made it so much harde to do what we are doing

So im sat here at the airport - my tummy is doing a million summersaults my legs wobble when i stand up and i feel like running away
Luckily im sure I have read posts on here where people have felt last minute panic as they are getting ready to fly over - we have a very long day ahead of us with 2 kids and 4 animals - so for now i'll sign off and hopefully see you all at the other side - and I'll be feeling much better.
Good luck. Yep it's ashame that your mum couldn't have been more supportive, but then maybe shes finding it just too hard to accept and can't seem to show any other emotion right now, I'm sure things will settle down. Once she's seen you living your new happy life, she'll turn around I'm sure, and will be so happy to see how much happier you are, living in a place where you really want to be.
Where abouts in Vancouver Island are you moving too? Abit of a difference to Blackpool.. hey ?

No doubt the feelings you've had are totally natural, but am sure once settled your family and kiddies will love it !!!

All the best for the future.

Last edited by Katie76; Sep 26th 2008 at 3:54 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Have a safe and pleasant journey and look forward to meeting you here in the good 'ol Cowichan Valley!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:19 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

GOOD LUCK you will soon be happy living your dream its last minute jitters you have and all will turn out well in the end
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Katie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud ofKatie76 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maddhobs
Have a safe and pleasant journey and look forward to meeting you here in the good 'ol Cowichan Valley!
Oh,.. Cowichan Valley - Yeh I was looking into this place a couple of months back. Seems like a beautiful place to live. 45mins from Victoria too which is good for a workbase.

What do you guys do for a living? Have you been lucky to find work in the area, or do you need to travel into Victoria?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

That question was to both Madhobbs and Tanah
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:26 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, its 7.40am, hubby has gone to drop animals at the cargo centre and I'm sat in the hotel room waiting for him to come back so we can go check in at T1. To say im cr*pping myself is a slight understatement. yesterday was a blurr, shppers arrived and my house was emptied - most stuff went in but had to leave a fewbits behind - oh well!!

Goodbyes were AWFUL - its not been easy anyway as my mum and sister have been really stroppy with me for going - my Mum has been VERY upset about the whole thing and i really think she thought if she cried enough over the last few weeks I would change my mind. I have hardly seen her as she has been avoiding me like the plague and when I have seen here she has burst into tears - its been very hard. Myself and hubby have coped pretty much on our own, no help from either side of our family at all. ( not even little stuff on the last day like milk or help cleaning etc). yesterday I felt like the worst person on earth and it made it so much harde to do what we are doing

So im sat here at the airport - my tummy is doing a million summersaults my legs wobble when i stand up and i feel like running away
Luckily im sure I have read posts on here where people have felt last minute panic as they are getting ready to fly over - we have a very long day ahead of us with 2 kids and 4 animals - so for now i'll sign off and hopefully see you all at the other side - and I'll be feeling much better.
Hey Tanah - my MIL behaved similarly. She's only doing it cause she'll miss you. When we made the decision to stay permanently here in Vancouver my wife felt like she was letting the whole family down....

Well a couple years on and things couldn't be more different. We've just dropped the in-laws at the airport after a two week holiday, they love it here, and are already raving about coming back next year. MIL is so happy to see us settled and really understands why we moved here...

Get settled in and enjoy the adventure. Your family will come round to things when they work out that they've got a free place to crash in Canada
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katie76
Oh,.. Cowichan Valley - Yeh I was looking into this place a couple of months back. Seems like a beautiful place to live. 45mins from Victoria too which is good for a workbase.

What do you guys do for a living? Have you been lucky to find work in the area, or do you need to travel into Victoria?
Hi Katie, just replied to your pm.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

I am sorry your family are not being supportive over this. FWISW my Inlaws (Hubby's family) refused to have any contact with us after they found out that we really planned to go through with emigrating. They were "off" with us after we told them we had applied, but once they found out taht we had the Visas and had put the house on the market they refused to speak to us at all.

I think last minute jitters are a perfectly normal reaction, as is feeling a little upset.

Good luck.....
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Tanah, must be there now hope all is ok and you had a good journey

lovely post let us know how it went when you can
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:29 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Goodbyes were AWFUL - its not been easy anyway as my mum and sister have been really stroppy with me for going - my Mum has been VERY upset about the whole thing and i really think she thought if she cried enough over the last few weeks I would change my mind. I have hardly seen her as she has been avoiding me like the plague and when I have seen here she has burst into tears - its been very hard.
Tell us where they live and we'll pop round and give them a slap for you!

Good Luck, don't be nervous, it's so exciting!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:33 am
I'm here somewhere

DSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant future

It's a shame they had to react this way, ateod you live your life for yourself and I wish you all the best with your new life.

Hopefully they will regret how they reacted and will be begging to come over on holiday soon.

Let us know you landed safely

Laura x
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:00 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck
Terese
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

VanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant future

GOOD LUCK Tanah, hope all goes well for you and your family now you have arrived on Vancouver Island. I hope you settle in well and you all enjoy your new life out there!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.