Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Air Transat are shit ... Yes, but they're really shit

Air Transat are shit ... Yes, but they're really shit

Old Sep 4th 2011, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all
Default Re: Air Transat are shit ... Yes, but they're really shit

Originally Posted by iaink
Er, is it just me that sees the inconsistency here? Its not exactly free if you are paying a couple of hundred more for the flight..

Ive had more legroom on AT flights than AC flights... it depends on the configuration of the aircraft I guess.

All stearage class food on planes is crap (and tiny, some sort of bonsai food I think), its just a question of degrees. I try to sleep on transatlantic flights, so dont care about the entertainment.
Very grown up for a moderator to mis-quote my post!

Originally Posted by iaink
I mis-quote posts to suit my own ends.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JamesM
I agree $300 more for a couple of "free" drinks etc.......

Air Canada is the worst Airline I have ever flown with.

They have no money at all! And the plane was worse than the one LondonMike and I were on last week.

My headset didn't work etc.......

Air Canada charges the same as British Airways but is not even close in terms of level or service, quality of fleet etc.....

I'd consider BA if I had to fly from say Vancouver but really 7 hours on Air Transat is nothing especially on their newer planes.
If you took the time to read my original post free drinks was not the main context for my reason for preferring them. Ianuk - a moderator - has misquoted my post.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 2:31 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blue monday
If you took the time to read my original post free drinks was not the main context for my reason for preferring them. Ianuk - a moderator - has misquoted my post.
Oh dear. He should certainly be disbarred from further duty as a moderator. Highly irresponsible.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Oh dear. He should certainly be disbarred from further duty as a moderator. Highly irresponsible.
LoL, maybe he should, after all, politicians have had to resigned for less severe abuses of power!
Old Sep 4th 2011, 3:06 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

LoL, maybe he should, after all, politicians have had to resigned for less severe abuses of power!
I think you miss the point.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 8:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Seem that you've just misunderstood his response (and FWIW, James M, in post no. 40, has said pretty much the same thing). You weren't misquoted, as Iaink didn't change any of your post at all.

But you seem to have completely changed his response to you in post no. 46, so might want to re-read site rule no. 18.

Thx.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 4th 2011 at 8:13 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 9:23 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I mis-quote posts to suit my own ends.
It seems you do
Old Sep 6th 2011, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

ergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud of

can't beat Calm Air though. got them to ship up probably a hundred grand worth of tents, generators, blasting equipment, XRF equipment etc. for some prospecting i'm doing. The intended arrival date passes, as do six further days. We ring them every day, told there are delays. On the next day, they say "we've lost it all". Cheers!