Air Canada

Old Mar 30th 2018, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Canada

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Wi-Fi is not a requirement on a plane. To me, it would not be a deal killer. When I've been on planes, I've seen it offered but the price was quite high and I didn't bother. Time to de-plug/de-connect and read a book, talk to your fellow passengers, look out the window, get disappointed by the food etc. Or watch a movie. I watched a great documentary about what Gary Numan is up to these days on a Swiss Air flight.

I agree ........... time to dis-connect for however long the flight takes.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Does AC mainline offer inflight entertainment via screens either seat back or overhead?

AC Rouge seems to only offer it via your own device as do some US airlines.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Interesting, it's a good move, I hate the bloody forms (because my handwriting sucks). According to FL's link https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...k-bip-eng.html they are only at T3 at YYZ. Will be interesting to see if we get the forms on the way back on Monday. We will be flying into T1 I think.
I flew into Terminal 1 recently and they didn’t have them then. I think it’s safe to assume that if they’re not on the app, they don’t have the machines.
I also flew into Terminal 1 late last year, using the app for the first time, realized it didn’t include Terminal 1 but checked with the AC staff on board who assured me it was OK😏 Which of course it wasn’t, so I had to fill in a paper copy at the Terminal anyway, then the machine got stuck and refused to issue the receipt. It was a long day.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 11:11 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Does AC mainline offer inflight entertainment via screens either seat back or overhead?

AC Rouge seems to only offer it via your own device as do some US airlines.
AC Mainline has seat-back TVs on all bar q400 and beech 1900 aircraft . Rouge requires you to either stream to your own device or to an iPad you can rent. WJ does a similar thing on many aircraft.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

777 last I saw should be summer and 787 by Nov.
Sweet Thank you for the info...i will report back in July, i'm optimistic!

Originally Posted by bats
Didn't you say you couldn't check in online?

Duh daft me
Sorry this was 2 separate trips...the passport issue was flying back from Frankfurt this summer, I couldn't check in online to Orlando this past Thursday.

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Wi-Fi is not a requirement on a plane. To me, it would not be a deal killer. When I've been on planes, I've seen it offered but the price was quite high and I didn't bother. Time to de-plug/de-connect and read a book, talk to your fellow passengers, look out the window, get disappointed by the food etc. Or watch a movie. I watched a great documentary about what Gary Numan is up to these days on a Swiss Air flight.
To each their own I guess. Delta's US$13 and Lufthansa's 20EUR don't seem too steep to me when i'm already spending $1300 on a plane ticket. I like to read Reddit and BE and chat with friends and stuff and I find it makes the 7 hour flight go by quickest. Its also good for business travellers who can get work/emails and stuff done.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
I flew into Terminal 1 recently and they didn’t have them then. I think it’s safe to assume that if they’re not on the app, they don’t have the machines.
I also flew into Terminal 1 late last year, using the app for the first time, realized it didn’t include Terminal 1 but checked with the AC staff on board who assured me it was OK😏 Which of course it wasn’t, so I had to fill in a paper copy at the Terminal anyway, then the machine got stuck and refused to issue the receipt. It was a long day.
Ahh too bad. Would've been interesting to try it out. Maybe next time!
Old Apr 1st 2018, 5:43 am
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

This is going to be a bit of a rant thread... Why is air Canada so difficult?? Every time I fly with them I seem to have some sort of issue with the booking process. The latest being I can't check in online for a flight, and customer service telling me it's because I booked with a third party site and not directly through them. I've never had a problem booking through a third party and flying with Delta or Lufthansa or British Airways?

The last time I flew with them they couldn't seem to get my passport information correct, had to go to the desk at the gate and explain to them that yes i'm a dual citizen and yes I flew into Europe on an EU passport and i'm flying back on a Canadian one, because my Canadian passport wasn't enough for their "document verification" process. (They insisted that their system was requesting a Maltese passport with visa...I checked in for the flight with a Canadian passport so why they asked for that at the gate was beyond me.)

They have no Wi-Fi on their planes despite major European and US airlines having it and seem to have no plans to implement it and it seems they are just behind on everything and their online systems suck.

Grr.....and I always say i'll never fly them but then I end up booking another trip with them and stuff like this always happens...I wonder why.
I have an upcoming return journey with AC and I'll be doing the same thing. My outbound journey is with a partner airline. I'm going to phone AC to make sure they know I'm returning on a CDN passport.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting I didn't know that. I am not surprised. Wonder if the 777 i'm flying on in July will have it by then
You can check here, though I imagine it'll be more accurate closer to the time:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ard/wi-fi.html

Our 777 to LHR on Wednesday had in flight wifi, as did my recent flights on a 777 to and from Vancouver.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jandro
I have an upcoming return journey with AC and I'll be doing the same thing. My outbound journey is with a partner airline. I'm going to phone AC to make sure they know I'm returning on a CDN passport.
Phoning is a good idea. Let me know if you have any problems there.

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
You can check here, though I imagine it'll be more accurate closer to the time:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ard/wi-fi.html

Our 777 to LHR on Wednesday had in flight wifi, as did my recent flights on a 777 to and from Vancouver.
Interesting. It won't let me do that far in advance (flight is 30 July) so i'll have to check closer to the date. Cheers

Also - I seem to have figured out why I couldn't check in online the first time around. Apparently Air Canada decided that since I booked our tickets last minute, and I was the one who booked them, that I should be designated for "extra" security screening. As when I finally got to the airport and checked in, my boarding pass had the code "SSS" on it which got highlighted in red and yellow by the agent who sent us through security, where the CATSA agent directed me to the secondary screening area and searched through my bags, even wanted to swab my Surface tablet and iPhone which I thought was a little ridiculous (and told him so.)

Obviously I was a little irritated so I asked the guy why I was designated for extra security - after all i'm a NEXUS member so really I should be less likely to go through these checks - and he said don't blame us, it is the airline that designated you with the SSS on your boarding pass and that they usually do that on last minute bookings (I booked ~2 weeks before we left.)

My question is why does Air Canada care when I booked my ticket and why is it up to them who gets extra security screening? Shouldn't it be CATSA/CBSA who decides that?

On the way back I was able to check in online and got put in TSA precheck as I should, instead of being hassled. My theory is that I was not able to check in online due to the "SSS" on my boarding pass.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 10:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. It won't let me do that far in advance (flight is 30 July) so i'll have to check closer to the date. Cheers

Also - I seem to have figured out why I couldn't check in online the first time around. Apparently Air Canada decided that since I booked our tickets last minute, and I was the one who booked them, that I should be designated for "extra" security screening. As when I finally got to the airport and checked in, my boarding pass had the code "SSS" on it which got highlighted in red and yellow by the agent who sent us through security, where the CATSA agent directed me to the secondary screening area and searched through my bags, even wanted to swab my Surface tablet and iPhone which I thought was a little ridiculous (and told him so.)

Obviously I was a little irritated so I asked the guy why I was designated for extra security - after all i'm a NEXUS member so really I should be less likely to go through these checks - and he said don't blame us, it is the airline that designated you with the SSS on your boarding pass and that they usually do that on last minute bookings (I booked ~2 weeks before we left.)

My question is why does Air Canada care when I booked my ticket and why is it up to them who gets extra security screening? Shouldn't it be CATSA/CBSA who decides that?

On the way back I was able to check in online and got put in TSA precheck as I should, instead of being hassled. My theory is that I was not able to check in online due to the "SSS" on my boarding pass.
I usually book our tickets...usually a week or so before travel. Hubby always gets the same treatment as you...he also gets the SSS on his boarding pass. It’s not just SC...but air Transat too. We both have NEXUS.

So cheer up...you are not alone.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Its not the airline who decided either.

Getting extra screening is part of travel at times.

Old Apr 3rd 2018, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I usually book our tickets...usually a week or so before travel. Hubby always gets the same treatment as you...he also gets the SSS on his boarding pass. It’s not just SC...but air Transat too. We both have NEXUS.

So cheer up...you are not alone.
Maybe that's why you can't ever check in online either!! Hmmm...we may be on to something here.

I was in a bit of a rush as our drive to the airport took alot longer then originally anticipated - did you see the rain on Thurs? It was crazy.

Its not the airline who decided either.

Getting extra screening is part of travel at times.
Why do you say that? It makes sense and that's what the guy told me. Not that all CATSA agents know everything but it seemed like a plausible explanation.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

Maybe that's why you can't ever check in online either!! Hmmm...we may be on to something here.

I was in a bit of a rush as our drive to the airport took alot longer then originally anticipated - did you see the rain on Thurs? It was crazy.

Why do you say that? It makes sense and that's what the guy told me. Not that all CATSA agents know everything but it seemed like a plausible explanation.
Airlines don't create legislation and security procedures, the gov't does and the airline then follows the government regulations.

It wasn't the airlines who created Secondary Security Screening Selection program, they just follow the rules the gov't sets and what benefit does the airline get from ticking off their passengers by forcing them to do secondary screening?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 10:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I believe that is the reason.

I didn’t notice the rain.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

I once got pulled out of the line at the gate in Phoenix airport, having gone through Security to get into the boarding area.

OH was carrying my carry-on bag, but the agents didn't know that. I was searched, pockets and everything, had to take off my shoes (again!), and my purse was searched ........ everything by hand, but there was also a wand and swab for my camera.

It didn't make any sense ..... until someone said that this type of secondary search was by number ........... every so many passenger (eg, #10) got the treatment

Of course, anything could have been in the carry-on bag that OH carried on to the plane along with his own

The swab tests for explosive residue ..... you might have a home made bomb concealed in your device.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.