80 vehicle pile up

Old Jan 25th 2013, 10:25 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default 80 vehicle pile up

On the 401 East of Oshawa near Newcastle. Snow and white out conditions, no mention of Asian drivers though

No fun if you need to go east or west as the Highway has been closed both ways.

Close for me, i was driving through there just as it started snowing, an hour before the accident, driving back from Port Hope.

http://www.northumberlandnews.com/ne...-in-clarington
Old Jan 26th 2013, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

onepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really nice
Default Re: 80 vehicle pile up

Took me two hours to get from Whitby to Bowmanville lol took hwy 2 though. I hope the ones badly injured will be ok.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 3:08 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Two serious but thankfully no one was killed
Old Jan 26th 2013, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy. It didn't even snow much where I am in Port Hope. How just a little distance to another area can bring in such different amount of snow fall conditions.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 7:32 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Loving some of the comments on the CBC article about it.

"Canadians used to know how to drive in winter conditions. Not so much anymore. I think we all know why, don't we?"

"I could understand it if was a freak storm in say, Texas."

Coming from a part of the UK where it's almost impossible to find any road that is 3 lanes in each direction it's a bit of an education when you come to Canada and get handed a full G licence and told to "GET TO IT!". There are some lunatics on that road though. I've found that often the only way to tackle that road is to be more aggressive. Otherwise you'd never even get to your exit. I've started calling the stretch near Pearson "The Racetrack" because it always seems to be particularly white knuckle but I guess you could apply that name to any part of the highway.

I'd imagine the cause of this will be some drivers doing 70 and some doing 120+ as per usual and meeting in the middle.