Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

49 year old and madly into heavy metal, thrash and classic rock

49 year old and madly into heavy metal, thrash and classic rock

Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:34 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 49 year old and madly into heavy metal, thrash and classic rock

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Umm, seems a bit extreme to cancel my life plans because I don't like radio 1.

And maybe I'm looking forward to crap Canadian radio, just like I'm looking forward to crap coffee and crappy-tire.

Do you not know me yet?
No, really, Canadian radio stations are dire. I have a radio in my garage that I listen to when doing DIY. Some of the stations repeat entire shows on different days, including the newsy items.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
No, really, Canadian radio stations are dire. I have a radio in my garage that I listen to when doing DIY. Some of the stations repeat entire shows on different days, including the newsy items.
Which station is that you are listening to? CBC Radio 1?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Im sure the high calibre of Canadian produced TV programmes on at prime time on stations such as Global and City TV will compensate for the shite radio stations we have to endure and will be a drawing influence to entice people to move to Canada.
One of the funniest things I've read on this forum in a long time. Global and CITY are truly dire in terms of Can Con and in all honesty are just distributors of low brow American dirge.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:56 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Which station is that you are listening to? CBC Radio 1?
I'm not even sure. I probably wouldn't notice if you changed stations while I wasn't looking.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

YJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond repute

I always go blank when someone asks me what music I'm "into", as I like anything that's, well, good, lol.

I don't like every song a band or artist does, so I never buy albums and turn into a one band groupie, or even one genre groupie.

My musical tastes are as contrasting as Donna summer and Mad Capsule Markets, lol.

I never new a band well enough to know the names of the members. Except of course the Beatles, Jim, Bob, brian and womble.

My sister was into Adam and the Ants, and Duran duran when I was at school, and I was into Blondie and U2. "Under a blood red sky" is my all time favourite "live" album.

I'm 43 now, and I really don't give a flying monkey what people think of my music taste, and nor should you Jim.

Rock radio, or RockXS is a great station by the way. Radio one is garbage now. They just get paid to play the top ten, over and over and over.

Radio2 is now my station of choice, except when Jo whiley is on. I just don't like her, never have.

Anyway, Rock ON!
I don't mate! I was just merely making an observation after a few such questions from colleagues who are all, to a man, 'old before their time'!!!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Prince was very good last night but my ears are still tingling. Am I getting too old for this sort of thing?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YJMalmsteen

So ..... Is there anyone out there who gets the comments "oh, you can't still like that, can you" or whose kids are embarrassed that you are still into this music??
No kids and all my friends are in to the same music. I'm 46. I just saw Deep Purple live a couple of days ago. Ian Gillan and Roger Glover are 67 and still rocking the shit out of most young bands, including the support act they had.

After seeing Neil Murray with Whitesnake (way back when they were good), I wanted to be a bass player. I still want to learn how to play bass. One day....

ROCK ON!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok folks, hands up everyone who has an electric guitar and amp, but never gotten round to learning how to play it?

I'll go first...

I have a bass, amp and a cheap drumkit in the shed
Old Dec 16th 2011, 2:57 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ok folks, hands up everyone who has an electric guitar and amp, but never gotten round to learning how to play it?

I'll go first...

I have a bass, amp and a cheap drumkit in the shed
I used to have a semi-acoustic Yamaha and an amp (only 75W), but one of my sons stole them to buy drugs.

Such is Canada.