3 Point Turns

Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3 Point Turns

Do they teach Canadian drivers how to do 3 point turns?

Ever since we had our driveway poured we've become more and more peeved by the vistors to the showhomes opposite our house using our driveway as a turning circle. The road is plenty wide enough to do a 3 point turn, or for the less talented behind the wheel there is even loop further down the road.

In general, Canadians are the nicest of people, but when they get behind the wheel of a car they turn into the worst of *********. As demonstrated by the moron yesterday who wasn't even capable of using my driveway, but just drove over the newly laid turf on my front lawn, taking out a sprinkler head.

Last edited by Posidrive; Nov 5th 2007 at 5:11 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

monique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud of
Default Re: 3 Point Turns

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Yes, it is part of the driving test.

Sorry for what happened to you; it isn't the driving that is bad, but rather, the poor manners of some.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:26 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your lawn and your sprinkler head.

It's almost enough to bring on fond memories of South African driving habits, eh?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:39 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Its not part of the driving test in Manitoba. The only "difficult" part of the test here is parallel parking, No other reversing was required, nor any emergency stops etc. Easiest test ever.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Ever since we had our driveway poured we've become more and more peeved by the vistors to the showhomes opposite our house using our driveway as a turning circle. The road is plenty wide enough to do a 3 point turn, or for the less talented behind the wheel there is even loop further down the road.

In general, Canadians are the nicest of people, but when they get behind the wheel of a car they turn into the worst of *********. As demonstrated by the moron yesterday who wasn't even capable of using my driveway, but just drove over the newly laid turf on my front lawn, taking out a sprinkler head.

You ought to try living opposite a school! Your driveway becomes a car park, and god help you if you dare complain.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:46 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I learned to drive here many years ago and I don't remember being taught how to do three point turns.

They're not that hard to figure out, but some people are just plain lazy and or ignorant. I'd guess even if they had been taught there are enough around that still wouldn't do them.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:50 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve666
You ought to try living opposite a school! Your driveway becomes a car park, and god help you if you dare complain.
Yup they park right across my driveway while waiting for their little precious's (sp). Don't get too much argument though when I pull right up to the drivers door, honk the horn and point at my garage door as it opens.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

park your wheelie bin middriveway that'll stop em

( is middriveway a word?)
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Yup they park right across my driveway while waiting for their little precious's (sp). Don't get too much argument though when I pull right up to the drivers door, honk the horn and point at my garage door as it opens.
Ha! A man who has suffered! I sometimes used to go out and come back just as the parents had parked all their cars and do the same thing, only in England my garage was far too small to hold a car and electric doors! For the rich only. Now I have a 3 car garage with 3 electric doors! And not a school for 10 miles
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daft batty
park your wheelie bin middriveway that'll stop em

( is middriveway a word?)
No.
But I did put in planning permission to the council for a blockhouse with slits and 2 machine guns with barbed wires and mines up to the main road.
It was turned down
Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

No.
But I did put in planning permission to the council for a blockhouse with slits and 2 machine guns with barbed wires and mines up to the main road.
It was turned down
Maybe it should have been a wood construction rather than breeze blocks
Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe it should have been a wood construction rather than breeze blocks
Oh don't be silly
Wood has splinters, they may hurt someone.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh don't be silly
Wood has splinters, they may hurt someone.
damn, then it must have been the design of the slits......or maybe your crenallations were all wrong
Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

damn, then it must have been the design of the slits......or maybe your crenallations were all wrong
My crenallations have always been in fine working order. As have my slits
Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

My crenallations have always been in fine working order. As have my slits
they may work, but do they look good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.