British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   20 LEAST Stressful Jobs in Canada & US (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/20-least-stressful-jobs-canada-us-718268/)

ducktastic May 24th 2011 5:08 am

20 LEAST Stressful Jobs in Canada & US

To counter balance the most stressful of last week, here is the least...according to the Vancouver Sun!

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/b....html?tab=PHOT

Souvy May 24th 2011 5:17 am

Re: 20 LEAST Stressful Jobs in Canada & US

Originally Posted by ducktastic (Post 9384978)
To counter balance the most stressful of last week, here is the least...according to the Vancouver Sun!

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/b....html?tab=PHOT

Interesting. Failure in any of those positions would have no direct impact on the individual concerned. Little wonder they don't get stressed.

Almost Canadian May 24th 2011 6:08 am

Lots in healthcare.:p

iaink May 24th 2011 6:11 am

Shouldnt "journalist" also be on the list, given the crappy selection of pictures that accompanied that article?

rubberduckofdeath May 24th 2011 6:15 am

What a boat load of c**p!

Alan2005 May 24th 2011 6:16 am

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath (Post 9385123)
What a boat load of c**p!

I take it the job you consider to be quite stressful is on the list of piss easy ones.

rubberduckofdeath May 24th 2011 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 9385128)
I take it the job you consider to be quite stressful is on the list of piss easy ones.

I've done jobs on both lists and disagree quite a bit!

Just my opinion but I think it's a load of nonsense :)

Alan2005 May 24th 2011 6:32 am

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath (Post 9385134)
I've done jobs on both lists and disagree quite a bit!

Just my opinion but I think it's a load of nonsense :)

Those jobs all look pretty cushy from where I'm sitting.

ducktastic May 24th 2011 6:47 am

The article is a bit of fun, but having done one of the jobs on the list for the last 9 years, I can say that I have had my moments of stress, people weren't going to die and neither was I, but being responsible for millions of someone elses cash is a pressure!

Auld Yin May 24th 2011 9:14 am

What about jobs in education where jobs are much guaranteed for life despite a great deal of incompetency, and in the civil (silly) service where incompetence and laziness abound.

Oink May 24th 2011 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Auld Yin (Post 9385538)
What about jobs in education where jobs are much guaranteed for life despite a great deal of incompetency, and in the civil (silly) service where incompetence and laziness abound.

Its not all claret and lashings of hot buttered toast you know. Sometimes one has to lecture on a Friday morning. :frown:

Steve_P May 24th 2011 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 9385596)
Its not all claret and lashings of hot buttered toast you know. Sometimes one has to lecture on a Friday morning. :frown:

Standing in front of a group of people to teach or lecture would be extremely stressful for me. Been there tried it and no way do I want to repeat the exercise.

I was an air traffic controller for 30 years and thought that was a doddle.

gryphea May 24th 2011 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Souvy (Post 9384999)
Interesting. Failure in any of those positions would have no direct impact on the individual concerned. Little wonder they don't get stressed.

My OH is a civil engineer. Failure could be serious.

That said his job is way less stressful than it was in the UK

Oink May 24th 2011 9:58 am

I didn't know web developer was a real job? I always thought it was something your mates pretended to do because they'd been to uni and didn't want tell you that they really work at Top Man.

Atlantic Xpat May 24th 2011 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Auld Yin (Post 9385538)

I was going to ask something similar. University Lecturer / Academic. Gotta be top of the list of stress free jobs with limited connection to the real world hasn't it?