Wikiposts

\Menu

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all
Default Re: \Menu

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Friends over for dinner on saturday

I need to cater for gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance and suspiciion of vegetables. Peas and carrots are ok.

I am thinking beef casserole, with red wine, bayleaves etc etc, real mushy peas. Rosemary roast potatoes. Well not real roasties but diced and scattered with rosemary. Is this too much carb?

What to have for pudding, maybe just do apple crumble for the men and the 2women with the intolerances can just have more wine??

Do I need a starter, an app, as there will be chips and nibbles??
Menu sounds good (esp the casserole), and sorbet would make a good pud for the intolerant ones. or failing that try a fruit salad.

Don't forget that you can't use flour to thicken the gravy in the casserole - try cornflour.

We eat a lot of Dairy/Wheat/gluten free stuff cos I am allergic to dairy, Hubby has a wheat intollerance.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Strange as it may seem I am inclined to agree with Rich on the why make everyone else suffer. But sorbet can be bought and stuck in the freezer, and men like apple pie, so me and her can have sorbet. Lemon sorbet is yummy.

Starter, do we need a starter??

I think the chauvesouris is understood by most.

If you want to impress and this can be done in advance, really easy make a sorbet bomb, ( sorry don't mention the war )

You need 4 bowls fit inside each other and 3 different sorbets, scoop into first bowl then press down with slightly smaller one so it goes up the sides i use cling film on the bowls put back in the freezer for an hour or so till solid again then repeat with another colour removing the bowl and cling film and working down a size, repeat again when its needed stand in warm water for a mo and then turn out onto a plate as you cut into it it looks stunning, could use ice cream in the middle, a good quality one works best,

I wouldn't worry about a starter,
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:20 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
If you want to impress and this can be done in advance, really easy make a sorbet bomb, ( sorry don't mention the war )

You need 4 bowls fit inside each other and 3 different sorbets, scoop into first bowl then press down with slightly smaller one so it goes up the sides i use cling film on the bowls put back in the freezer for an hour or so till solid again then repeat with another colour removing the bowl and cling film and working down a size, repeat again when its needed stand in warm water for a mo and then turn out onto a plate as you cut into it it looks stunning, could use ice cream in the middle, a good quality one works best,

I wouldn't worry about a starter,
That sounds really nice. I will give it a go and report back

Thanks Lotte as well for your comments. Will be a good evening. Maybe I should take photos for Hwps thread