Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The [Formerly] Great British Bake Off

The [Formerly] Great British Bake Off

Old Sep 23rd 2016, 5:05 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The [Formerly] Great British Bake Off

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
I love it and I think its very sad!
It will still be on though a revamped version- just need to choose the replacements carefully
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 7:17 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

There's a petition to get Ainsley Harriott involved (I used to like him on Ready, Steady - Cook) and rumour has it that Jamie has ruled himself out.

Old Sep 23rd 2016, 9:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Jamie has ruled himself out.

Thank goodness for small mercies.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 10:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie Oliver, Ainsley Harriott? Dear god who next? The stars are supposed to be the contestants, not narcissistic obnoxious loudmouths with no baking skills! Scraping the barrel or what! It's going to be shite
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Many of the participants on this thread really do need to get out more....😉
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 1:19 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Jamie Oliver, Ainsley Harriott? Dear god who next? The stars are supposed to be the contestants, not narcissistic obnoxious loudmouths with no baking skills! Scraping the barrel or what! It's going to be shite
This! This, in spades!
Mary Berry is a baking goddess of long standing. She's in her early 80s (I hadn't realised she was as venerable as all that!) and - although she has written and presented on general cookery topics as well - has been dealing with cake-related stuff for a living for sixty years or so. Neither Oliver nor Harriott have the baking chops to comment as incisively or from such a position of knowledge.

Hollywood, while his style can be a bit grating, is at least a baker of renown. His fellow judge needs to have equally as solid a background in baking. The presenting job is done by the other two; they are the viewers' surrogates, asking the dumb questions and expressing awe at the creations that emerge from the oven; they shouldn't be bakers. But the judges need to know exactly what they're talking about and be able to identify technical faults in the preparation techniques and baking skills of the contestants.

How about one of the previous series' winners coming back to judge the next one? It really doesn't need to be an established star (and, frankly, in the world of GBBO the previous winners are already stars anyway!)

ETA: I haven't watched any of the current season; I watched most of last summer's after my mum had persuaded us to find it on iPlayer while she visited... after she returned to the UK I found myself watching the last few episodes to see how it finished. It's a proper BBC show - unashamedly middle-class, a spirit of friendly competition, carries out the Reithian inform-educate-entertain thing well enough. Can't see how it fits C4's brand style at all. I suppose the production company will cut the cloth to fit the new frame...

Last edited by Oakvillian; Sep 23rd 2016 at 1:27 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 4:29 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

They could re-brand it, get Gordon Ramsay on it, have him shouting "IT'S RAW!!!!!" and sell it to the US TV market lol.

I mean I hope to god they don't, but I think anything can happen when it's C4.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 5:04 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Thank goodness for small mercies.
Ya Miserable auld trout
Old Sep 24th 2016, 10:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Ya Miserable auld trout
I ****ing hate Jamie Oliver and his smug fat face.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 11:21 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I hear Chris Evans might be available. He's done C4 before, so there's a feather in his cap. He ****ed up one great show, so why not continue a tradition.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 11:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I ****ing hate Jamie Oliver and his smug fat face.
Me too!

I've only just started watching it, so I probably won't miss it.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 11:35 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Me too!

I've only just started watching it, so I probably won't miss it.
I do love Mary Berry though. The first time we saw the bakeoff my son said "Hey, that's grandma on the tv". The resemblance between my mom and Mary is remarkable.

Oh and Paul Hollywood is a bit of alright IMO.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 11:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I do love Mary Berry though. The first time we saw the bakeoff my son said "Hey, that's grandma on the tv". The resemblance between my mom and Mary is remarkable.

Oh and Paul Hollywood is a bit of alright IMO.
I like Mary Berry too. I'm also a fan of Paul Hollywood and those gorgeous blue eyes .

Perhaps I should go for Mary's job. After all I did go to catering college and have a degree in Home Economics
Old Sep 24th 2016, 11:43 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I like Mary Berry too. I'm also a fan of Paul Hollywood and those gorgeous blue eyes .

Perhaps I should go for Mary's job. After all I did go to catering college and have a degree in Home Economics
My partner has the Paul Hollywood blue eyes and salt & pepper hair.

I always thought that I would like to teach home economics.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 11:50 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

for the fans of the show, season 7 has just ended - so do you want to watch it before it shown on PBS?

Project Free TV :: The Great British Bake Off Season 7

BTW, the winner is

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37786108

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.